• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Allegations detailed (not good)

Mills

9 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

CBS said the investigation will take few months so if Watson gets traded it will be after the draft.

For context, the investigation of Antonio Brown's sexual assault lawsuit that was made last year it's still ongoing as of today.

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I think what people mean is that what was this story if he wasn't trying to get traded.

So this lawyer and the Texans just keep this under wraps as long as he's being a 'good lil black man' but step out of line and the Texans will have to show you your place as they can't let the inmates run poo...

That's how I took it at least, not that it was completely invented at the back yard grill between the neighbors.

The scariest looking part to me is that this seems to be known and been known about so the women weren't important to the lawyer/Texans so long as the top 5 QB is with them?

There very well could have been some conspiracy about a hush hush situation that's true. Just saying I would be shocked at this point if the base allegations were NOT true.

I find it coincidental that this occurred after he said he wasn't playing for Houston again.  These owners really think they own people and McNair seems to be ruthless enough to get this started.

I'm not defending Watson and it's hard to defend someone when 20+ women came forward and said the same thing.  Sadly just like Bill Cosby, he'll go down because volume means truth though no evidence can be had.

Regardless, Watson will not be trade in 2021.  There is no way in next 6 to 8 weeks that this gets resolved before the draft. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I think what people mean is that what was this story if he wasn't trying to get traded.

So this lawyer and the Texans just keep this under wraps as long as he's being a 'good lil black man' but step out of line and the Texans will have to show you your place as they can't let the inmates run poo...

That's how I took it at least, not that it was completely invented at the back yard grill between the neighbors.

The scariest looking part to me is that this seems to be known and been known about so the women weren't important to the lawyer/Texans so long as the top 5 QB is with them?

Maybe, but all of these allegations are very recent in the grand scheme of things.

In the conniving vision of the Texans owners you have, why is it they don't ruin Deshaun *after* he is traded, rather than before?  Why tank his value *now*, rather than once they get something back from him?

edit: keep in mind that Watson has been maintaining for MONTHS now that he wouldn't play for the Texans. His stance didn't change.  Its only once it seems *the team* has started fielding offers, the owner pushes the button to nuke the trade value?

Edited by mav1234

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

For context, the investigation of Antonio Brown's sexual assault lawsuit that was made last year it's still ongoing as of today.

In context of the Panthers though, I just don't see us trading for him unless he somehow gets cleared totally. The QB is different from any other position, 22 allegations aren't something you can just wave away, and Tepper had to take over for Creepy (and racist) Jerry Richardson in the first place. The Deshaun Watson to the Panthers dream died this week.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Maybe, but all of these allegations are very recent in the grand scheme of things.

In the conniving vision of the Texans owners you have, why is it they don't ruin Deshaun *after* he is traded, rather than before?  Why tank his value *now*, rather than once they get something back from him?

Pretty much.

Throw in that if your theory admits he was guilty of this stuff, what difference does it really make for Watson?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much.

Throw in that if your theory admits he was guilty of this stuff, what difference does it really make for Watson?

Unless we extend this to somehow the Texans were entrapping him, absolutely none.  

1 minute ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

In context of the Panthers though, I just don't see us trading for him unless he somehow gets cleared totally. The QB is different from any other position, 22 allegations aren't something you can just wave away, and Tepper had to take over for Creepy (and racist) Jerry Richardson in the first place. The Deshaun Watson to the Panthers dream died this week.

I don't think that's just the Panthers.

Barring some miraculous outcome, it's pretty difficult imagining anybody is going to want to make Watson the face of their franchise.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Roethlisberger didn't have twenty-two accusers.

And unfortunately, though he probably shouldn't have, Roethlisberger wound up getting away scot free. I'm far from convinced that's gonna happen with Watson.

I actually read quite a bit on the Ben and Kobe cases. I was curious how they were handled and if I would agree with the results. 

Ben's case I believe the same thing the judge said, 2 parties were extremely intoxicated and both made decisions they both were in no condition to make.  

The Kobe case was a lot more gray and I couldn't really form an opinion.  I would have needed to see nonverbal cues to determine who was being truthful. 

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

Deshaun was never coming here to the Carolinas to begin with, these allegations should further  confirm that fact. He may be lucky to play any games in the NFL for a long time if they are proven true.

It was becoming pretty evident that Carolina was the favorite to land him. Do you have info that disputes that? And your last sentence is half correct. If the allegations are true, he should deservedly never sniff an NFL field again.

• Pie 1