• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Adam Schefter, “In speaking to some teams, I don’t think this is going to deter anyone’s interest in trading for Deshaun Watson”

Julio

Just now, mav1234 said:

he may be noting how little accusations alone can dissuade some from supporting an individual... 

Understood, but what he's quoting is my question of whether a large group of women has ever come together to perpetrate a fraud against someone.

Pretty sure all of the cases against Trump were filed individually.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Understood, but what he's quoting is my question of whether a large group of women has ever come together to perpetrate a fraud against someone.

Pretty sure all of the cases against Trump were filed individually.

You’re pushing the goalposts again.

A large group of people would still qualify as multiple individuals....no matter how they came forward

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

You’re pushing the goalposts again.

A large group of people would still qualify as multiple individuals....no matter how they came forward

Not really.

It's still possible. It's just not something that's ever happened before as far as I know.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Our friend Ellis chimes in...

Not gonna post all of it, but Ellis has a pretty good discussion going through several tweets on the topic.

Ellis isn't plugged in. He rides the wave of information as it's released by people who are actually in the know.

• Poo 1

Taking a break from arguing about the circumstances of the lawsuits for a moment and focusing purely on the football side of this, I wonder if this could potentially end up working out in the Panthers favor?

Let's say these allegations are thrown out/dismissed/withdrawn/whatever and Watson is cleared of any wrongdoing, but it doesn't happen until after the draft and therefore the trade talks don't heat back up until then.

Could we potentially end up being able to use our draft picks this year to address the OL and add some talent around the QB and THEN make a deal for Watson after the draft, using our future draft picks?

That, to me, would be the ideal trade scenario. Imagine if we draft a stud LT in the 1st and a solid guard in the 2nd and maybe a solid TE in the 3rd and then end up trading for Watson in May or June if/when all this mess is cleared up?

Obviously that would depend on Watson being cleared and on a deal still being made between us and Houston, but it's certainly something to think about.

My question is for everyone saying it's a hit job is why?  What would be the benefit for the Mcnairs to do that?  All it does is potentially kill his trade value and if they keep him then it hurts the teams image.   It seems like a lose/lose to me.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

My question is for everyone saying it's a hit job is why?  What would be the benefit for the Mcnairs to do that?  All it does is potentially kill his trade value and if they keep him then it hurts the teams image.   It seems like a lose/lose to me.

"IF" it really is a hit job, the idea would be to kill his trade value. When Watson has no other option (other than sitting out/retiring) he comes back to the fold. At that point the cases disappear as fast as they appeared. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Schefter has certainly lost his credibility

No he hasn't! This stuff has mushroomed like nobody's business within the span of essentially three days. Nobody saw this coming except for the ambulance chaser. Even Watson was blindsided from some perspective! Schefter is likely now a bystander rubber-necking just like the rest of us at this point. The only person's credibility at stake at this point is Buzbee's, Watson's, maybe his enablers' (if he had any) and the supposed victims! And Watson obviously has more to lose than just his credibility!

Edited by top dawg

41 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Schefter has certainly lost his credibility

To be fair, he was just reporting what he heard from people in the league.

Aaron Wilson said the same thing, basically that teams were still interested but that depended on the outcome of the cases.

Mind you, all that was before the latest revelations.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, he was just reporting what he heard from people in the league.

Aaron Wilson said the same thing, basically that teens were still interested but that depended on the outcome of the cases.

Mind you, all that was before the latest revelations.

right. and I think we heard when there were 7 cases, teams were interested, but wanted to wait until we saw how it played out. I am sure that is even more the case now.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

right. and I think we heard when there were 7 cases, teams were interested, but wanted to wait until we saw how it played out. I am sure that is even more the case now.

I edited it 😄

(voice to text sucks sometimes)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1