• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes Vs. Blue Jackets Best of Four Series 3/18-3/25

Harbingers

21 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Need trocheck back desperately at this point. 

Tro, Turbo, hell Brock missed half the game.

Teams have been thrashing our forwards going back to the Tampa series. It's taking its toll on our lineup. 

Nobody on our team seems to care enough to do anything about it. Have the refs missed some calls, sure. But, it happens. If someone throws a dirty hit on one of our guys, the rest of the team better find a way to punish them for it if the zebras don't.

Teams tried that with Tampa last year, and they would punish them on the scoreboard. It doesn't have to be a fight, but you gotta make em pay for it. Make them think twice before they even try it. 

We've gotten bullied out of the playoffs the past 2 years. If we don't find an answer when teams try to go physical, it'll be 3 straight. 

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

It's time for a rematch between the Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets, as they close out the Raleigh half of their four-game series.

The Match-Up

Columbus Blue Jackets (12-12-7, 31 points) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (20-7-2, 42 points)

Saturday, March 20, 7 p.m.

Watch: FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports GO

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-columbus-blue-jackets-carolina-hurricanes/c-322693690

On 3/19/2021 at 10:29 AM, Harbingers said:

Look where he's shooting from- not his usual spot. The last couple games I've notices him moving to the right side more often, likely trying get some space and it shallows his angle as a lefty. 

His confidence is an issue right now. He's taking hits and getting pushed around a bit, can't score and even passed up a couple lacrosse opportunities. As I said last week- he needs a good 2-3 point game and he'll be back.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

No gimmie games in the NHL......we need to bring our best game every night or we'll slip in the seeding.

I hope we bounce back tonight!

I’d like to see us come out in control tonight and maintain it. It doesn’t have to be goals but all around. Better defense is key too. We don’t need 30 direct shots on reimer. I hope he’s dialed in. 

• Pie 1