• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

4 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

It's not looking good.  Now they're talking about possibly 20 lawsuits in total, to be filed.  Now it's possible that DW will have more lawsuits then touchdown passes this year.  

they are all civil. nothing much to see. 

at worst he has to pay some money and sit out a few games or 1 season. 

i guarantee the nfl wont do more than that

1 hour ago, Agent Blue said:

OJ was prosecuted criminally for murder. Apples to oranges. 

For something serious ie criminal, i'd imagine the best course of action would be to make a player inactive until they can resolve their legal issues. 

Most of the people who watch fball are men. Men know these women filling civil suits about sexual misconduct are mostly groupies who are looking for a payday.  

There is nothing to risk here. At worst Watson pays some women and gets suspended a few games or even 1 season. After that he will come back and be elite and in a year or so no one will remember it. 

We can save this post and see which of us was right. 

OJ was also found not guilty of murder. He was exonerated under the criminal justice system. He was found liable for murder in a civil court. Under your argument civil suits don’t matter, they are just money grabs. So you would have been cool with a prime OJ on the Panthers since he was found liable in a civil court. That’s your argument man, remember civil suits don’t matter...

3 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

OJ was also found not guilty of murder. He was exonerated under the criminal justice system. He was found liable for murder in a civil court. Under your argument civil suits don’t matter, they are just money grabs. So you would have been cool with a prime OJ on the Panthers since he was found liable in a civil court. That’s your argument man, remember civil suits don’t matter...

personally id think he was guilty, but id hate to set a precedence of making employment decisions on civil suits that have a much lower level standards for losing decisions. 

1 hour ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

It's not looking good.  Now they're talking about possibly 20 lawsuits in total, to be filed.  Now it's possible that DW will have more lawsuits then touchdown passes this year.  

Twenty lawsuits have been filed to date.

There are potentially four more yet to come.

41 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

personally id think he was guilty, but id hate to set a precedence of making employment decisions on civil suits that have a much lower level standards for losing decisions. 

Not really an answer lol. However, you seem to realize the gravity of OJ being civilly liable even though he was exonerated criminally. That doesn’t seem to fall under your notion that all civil suits are money grabs? So, I would say someone being found guilty of sexual misconduct for even a couple of three cases would be pretty bad.

Why wouldn’t you set a precedent of using a civil suit to make an employment decision? NFL teams have made employment decisions on a hell of a lot less. Some teams won’t even draft guys with “character issues,” even if they don’t involve any criminal activity. None of this has to be black and white. You make decisions based on the information you have. Right now the Panthers have no information. Trading for Watson right now would be a complete shot in the dark and an insanely stupid decision.

2 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

they are all civil. nothing much to see. 

at worst he has to pay some money and sit out a few games or 1 season. 

i guarantee the nfl wont do more than that

Do you understand the difference in civil vs criminal cases, or are you just assuming that civil court is inconsequential?

At this point, Florio may be right: Watson should consider settling! I know some guys would still balk at the Panthers trading for him in the event that that happened, but I'd consider it (even if I wouldn't exactly jump at the chance). 

Watson would surely be a choir boy from then on...right? If not, he better step down in class of services!

If Watson settled that would be a TON of money to all those people. Seems like that could be some of the most expensive rub and tug happy endings in the history of shady massage parlors. He should have just stayed home and flogged his own dolphin in retrospect.

Maybe the reason they aren't taking it to a criminal court is because he didn't break any major laws and isn't meant for jail. They take it to civil court because he messed up, needs to learn, pay damages, and be the face of what not to do in this world of ours.

7 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

If Watson settled that would be a TON of money to all those people. Seems like that could be some of the most expensive rub and tug happy endings in the history of shady massage parlors. He should have just stayed home and flogged his own dolphin in retrospect.

He should have the money! I figure that two mil should be enough to make it all go away. As for the allegations, it's some creepy stuff! If true, it sounds like he was deeply concerned with keeping up the front of his public persona, so much so that he loathed the thought of being associated with prostitutes, and unfortunately "mistaked" professional masseuses and instagram models with call girls. Dude didn't want to admit who he is and just dwelve into the dark side. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

He should have the money! I figure that two mil should be enough to make it all go away. As for the allegations, it's some creepy stuff! If true, it sounds like he was deeply concerned with keeping up the front of his public persona, so much so that he loathed the thought of being associated with prostitutes, and unfortunately "mistaked" professional masseuses and instagram models with call girls. Dude didn't want to admit who he is and just dwelve into the dark side. 

I dont understand how he could have been so foolish if true. He could have simply went clubbing and told them who he was while making it rain dollars then had his pick of a number of gold diggers to slam bam each evening. Im pretty sure him even just hiring some good ole fashioned high priced hookers would have even made him look much better. If true it was like he went out of his way to make the most foolish and self destructive decisions possible.

6 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I dont understand how he could have been so foolish if true. He could have simply went clubbing and told them who he was while making it rain dollars then had his pick of a number of gold diggers to slam bam each evening. Im pretty sure him even just hiring some good ole fashioned high priced hookers would have even made him look much better. If true it was like he went out of his way to make the most foolish and self destructive decisions possible.

He's still young, not saying that ALL kids are so naive! He's young, inexperienced, and still trying to find himself and his way.

Not saying that this is the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was brought up in an orthodox type religious setting! Sometimes that causes people to deal with the secular world in an extreme manner.