• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, CRA said:

If a legit massage therapist have come out in this then call it a day.  Watson will lose the court of public opinion in a he said, she said  

A massage therapist tells her story of inappropriate behavior by DeShaun Watson

Therapist in question was contacted by SI for background without their knowing that Watson had been a client of hers.

She has not filed a lawsuit yet, but is considering it and is represented by a lawyer other than Tony Buzbee.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A massage therapist tells her story of inappropriate behavior by DeShaun Watson

Therapist in question was contacted by SI for background without their knowing that Watson had been a client of hers.

She has not filed a lawsuit yet, but is considering it and is represented by a lawyer other than Tony Buzbee.

I still don’t think it is that hard to wait for all the facts before we condemn him as some rapist.    

No doubt stuff went down.  Watson I think we all can agree was looking for that.  How sinister is unknown.   Even the with the SI story....nothing really sounds like a full story at this stage. 

• Pie 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

So given how common this supposedly is can you give me some links and details to actual cases involving >12 plaintiffs where it was all completely fabricated?

Your problem is you are linking all of the allegations together when in fact each accusation should and probably will be tested on their own individual merit. With that in mind, there are false sexual assult allegations all over the place. Especially involving athletes. Brian Burns spent time in prison because of a lie. The Duke lacrosse team was falsely accused of rape. Two supreme court justices have been falsely accused of sexual misconduct. One of Buzbee's own  clients has been exposed trying to extort money from Watson.

So this lawyer has already elicited false accusations against Watson before he's even stepped a foot in the courtroom.  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I still don’t think it is that hard to wait for all the facts before we condemn him as some rapist.    

No doubt stuff went down.  Watson I think we all can agree was looking for that.  How sinister is unknown.   Even the with the SI story....nothing really sounds like a full story at this stage. 

Your words: "If a legit massage therapist have come out in this then call it a day." So you set the conditions yourself.

SI reached out to a "legit massage therapist" in Houston, and in the process found another accuser that no one even knew about.

The "sleazy lawyer" defense doesn't work here either since she isn't represented by Buzbee.

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Not the best argument when it’s already weird you hire so many massage therapists.  Doesn’t dispel the predatory allegations.

It is a bad argument. 

But like his first statement said, it is impossible to defend yourself publicly when your accusers are all anonymous figures.   You can’t defend it.   

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It is a bad argument. 

But like his first statement said, it is impossible to defend yourself publicly when your accusers are all anonymous figures.   You can’t defend it.   

And as Florio pointed out, Watson had no trouble providing info on 18 previous massage therapists who didn't accuse him of anything.

But we're to believe he has no idea who any of the others are?

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Your words: "If a legit massage therapist have come out in this then call it a day." So you set the conditions yourself.

SI reached out to a "legit massage therapist" in Houston, and in the process found another accuser that no one even knew about.

The "sleazy lawyer" defense doesn't work here either since she isn't represented by Buzbee.

Still a Jane Doe.  Still no business actually identified.   Just allegations he can provide no defense of where the person accusing him faces no credibility test. 

and her story seems incomplete.  Odd.    Every step of it was this was totally not normal but I went right along like it was nothing.   That seemed to be a pattern of the story telling.   

I simply don’t think we know the actual story.  That is why you have to wait on the facts to play out.  Watson might be guilty.  Of what? Can’t say yet.   I don’t see how anyone can just take Buzbee’s painting of things as the truth though of it all. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I think Watson is still the plan if we can't get a QB at 8. If everything ends up being okay legally for him of course. 

Barring a legitimate miracle, that legal process is likely to take about two years.

We're not waiting two years on someone who might not even turn out to be innocent.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Still a Jane Doe.  Still no business actually identified.   Just allegations he can provide no defense of where the person accusing him faces no credibility test. 

and her story seems incomplete.  Odd.    Every step of it was this was totally not normal but I went right along like it was nothing.   That seemed to be a pattern of the story telling.   

I simply don’t think we know the actual story.  That is why you have to wait on the facts to play out.  Watson might be guilty.  Of what? Can’t say yet.   I don’t see how anyone can just take Buzbee’s painting of things as the truth though of it all. 

By your own admission you haven't been following the story.

You set your own conditions for "calling it a day", then when they were met you backtracked on them.

And as has been pointed out, this accuser has nothing to do with Tony Buzbee.

At this point, you may as well just admit that you want Watson to play for the Panthers regardless of whether he's guilty or not.

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

You don't think it gets settled way before then?

Neither Watson nor his lawyer has given any indication that they're willing to settle.

And if he does settle, he'll probably have to admit guilt, maybe even have to register as a sex offender (factors which are probably a big reason why might not settle).

Throw in that settling doesn't just make all this stuff go away.

I'll quote Verge again: The "Watson to the Panthers" ship has sailed.

(that was more of a paraphrase, but hey...)

• Beer 1