• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, we would.

The whole "McNair and/or the Texans did this to him" theory makes absolutely no sense. This in no way benefits the Texans, (and the suggestion that McNair just did it for spite is pretty dumb). Throw in that Watson's activities started long before he had any issues with the team.

Well, we don’t know that 100% for sure.   Nothing is ever 100%. 

We know that NFL teams have a history of helping protect their important players... it could be plausible they gave up helping protect a troubled asset.    That wouldn’t be the Texans creating the mess....

and at least based on the statement by Watson’s attorney.  Some with the franchise knew about women/worrisome behavior/ money demands, etc to some extent.   So you would assume that everyone knew. 

would be interesting to hear when the attorney first heard of Watson’s rumblings and his overall relationship with Texans people.    

4 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

OJ paid millions to the Brown family. Yo I think he did it though and his family sued in civil court, so they couldn’t have been been hungry leaches as you want to pain civil Palintiffs. So would you have signed him? Of course not, it would be completely stupid. As it is with Deshaun until we know what the truth is.

Again, you’re looking at this completely wrong and far too black and white. The barometer isn’t whether he has been charged with a crime or not. Not all criminal allegations are the same. Cam had a criminal record, I assume you were fine with that? Of course you were because it was a silly college age transgression. While Watson’s hasn’t risen to a criminal level he is facing serious sexual misconduct allegations by dozens of women. That’s serious. You dont touch that until it’s resolved.

I’m not asking for choir boys, but you have to draw the line somewhere. You can’t have the face of your franchise be a sexual predator. You’re clearly very invested in this from a fan perspective and can’t weight the serious business and public pressure that comes from this. I highly doubt the Panthers will move on this front until this is resolved.

Hey look another allegation. This one isn’t even suing.

OJ was tried criminally for murder and the entire world thought from the evidence presented in court he was guilty of murder. 

Apples to oranges. 

We will never know what the truth is with Watson. Rape / sexual assault is literally one of it not the hardest things to prove. Unless one of these women have secret video / voice recording of the incident or watson himself admitting it (they don't as if they did he would be getting charged criminally), then we will never know the actual truth, regardless of what happens in court. Like most this is a he said, she said thing. 

I am looking at this from the sensible angle with business in mind. You can't make employment decisions on civil allegations alone. The standard of guilt needed is considerably lower than in a criminal court (who already wrongfully convicts people everyday of crimes). So christ, one can imagine the figure in civil judgements. 

If I am the owner or fan, I could care less about any civil suits. In 2 years Watson will be playing at an elite level and everyone will forget about this. What ever team he is on, surely wont care. Only haters will remember and ever mention it. 

4 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

I’m gonna just say this thread is a textbook lesson on why many victims don’t come forward about sexual abuse/misconduct/rape, etc. 

Pretty simple. 

If you are sexually assaulted you need to report it to police right away if you care about or want to maximize the chance of getting justice. 

If you wait it's going to be much harder to prove and people will be less likely to believe you. 

And please don't first file civil suits. Looks like a money grab. Go to police first. Then you can go the civil route. 

But regardless, this isn't complicated

The accuser shouldn't be initially deemed a liar

The accused shouldn't be initially deemed guilty. 

Let the judicial system run it's course first. Let the evidence come forward. 

Innocent until proven guilty. 

Edited by Agent Blue

1 hour ago, Agent Blue said:

Pretty simple. 

If you are sexually assaulted you need to report it to police right away if you care about or want to maximize the chance of getting justice. 

If you wait it's going to be much harder to prove and people will be less likely to believe you. 

And please don't first file civil suits. Looks like a money grab. Go to police first. Then you can go the civil route. 

One, as mentioned before, men thinking they can tell women how they should deal with a crime very few men have ever had to deal with is a really bad look.

And two, speaking as someone who I'm sad to say is well acquainted with actual victims of sexual assault, I can tell you that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've got to figure it's some kind of fetish or addiction or psychological problem or something.

I've been wondering if, at some point, Watson's defense would turn into "yes technically he did it but he has a problem so it isn't really his fault". Hasn't gone that way so far but I'd say that's still a possibility.

Oh yeah if true that has to be some sort of strange fetish or serious psychological problem. He could have just hired a number of pros that provide what he wants yet if accusations are true he chose to hire legit therapists and personal trainers. That is some fetish psychological disturbed crap there combined with foolish to think eventually it all would not come out. I used to think he was probably innocent and a victim but after reading all the accusations and women almostky all fitting same professional description I find it harder and harder to believe he is a poor innocent victim here. It will all disappear with some payoffs as stuff like this usually always does but man what a seriously screwed up dude if this is true.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One, as mentioned before, men thinking they can tell women how they should deal with a crime very few men have ever had to deal with is a really bad look.

And two, speaking as someone who I'm sad to say is well acquainted with actual victims of sexual assault, I can tell you that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I didn't mention gender in the comment you qouted lol. Fyi, men are sexually assualted to. 

A woman or MAN can deal with this how ever they wants. That doesn't change anything I said. 

It's harder to prosecute / prove sexual assault the longer one waits to report. 

The longer one waits the less likely people will believe them. 

It also looks worse to only file a civil suit. 

A PERSON can deal with this how ever their heart desires. 

Just don't be mad when the police can't help you and no one believes you in a civil suit or public opinion.

You sir or ma'm, don't have a clue what you are talking about. 

To summarize,

If you have been sexually assaulted it's recommend to

1) Notify police immediately so they can investigate and collect evidence as best they can

2) Don't file civil suits until after the criminal proceedings 

For on lookers

No one should proclaim anyone guilty, innocent or a liar until after all evidence is presented and the courts can do their job. 

Edited by Agent Blue

3 hours ago, philit99 said:

That’s ok, my ex wife says I am wrong all of the time. Watson clearly has issues, but the shear number of complaints points to character assignation.

I ask you Mr. Scot, if Watson never wanted to leave Houston, would we be having this conversation?

'sheer'........not "shear".

100% Yes.

24 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

I didn't mention gender in the comment you qouted lol. Fyi, men are sexually assualted to. 

A woman or MAN can deal with this how ever they wants. That doesn't change anything I said. 

Just don't be mad when the police can't help you and no one believes you in a civil suit or public opinion.

To summarize,

1) Notify police immediately so they can investigate and collect evidence as best they can

For on lookers

No one should proclaim anyone guilty, innocent or a liar until after all evidence is presented and the courts can do their job. 

Oy 🙄

Ya know, I have no idea if you're an actual dick in real life or if you're just one of those really immature people who thinks it's funny to act like a dick online, but let me give you some advice...

If you at any point do have a woman in your life who's a victim of something like this, don't give her the advice you're giving here.

In fact, do the best thing you can possibly do for her and don't give her any advice...at all.

• Pie 3

35 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

To summarize,

For on lookers

Harvey Weinstein dearly wishes your laughable thesis had any merit whatsoever...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

4 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

Hollywood isn't the NFL. 

And isn't he a CONVICTED sex offender?

Apples to oranges.

Sure it is, exactly the same for that matter.

Dude is doing 23-years in prison, f***ing aye he's a convicted sex offender.

We'll see if it's apples to oranges, or prison stripes for that matter....

Edited by SizzleBuzz

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Sure it is, exactly the same for that matter.

Dude is doing 23-years in prison, f***ing aye he's a convicted sex offender.

We'll see if it's apples to oranges, or prison stripes for that matter....

Watson has not even been charged criminally, much less convicted. 

Complete apples to oranges.