• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

We’ll see. This guy has said things publicly and retracted a handful of times already. 

I wouldn't try to predict what happens next.

I can somewhat understand there being a challenge to going after a super popular athlete in a town where everybody loves him.

Imagine trying to sue Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't try to predict what happens next.

I can somewhat understand there being a challenge to going after a super popular athlete in a town where everybody loves him.

Imagine trying to sue Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City.

I’m not predicting anything. I’m reading this lawyer say things and then have to retract them. It’s not a good look. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is such a weird story. These ladies really didn't do themselves any favors choosing this self-aggrandizing attorney who has claimed connections to Texans ownership. 

Conflict of interest anyone? This will probably remain a civil issue, and my guess is it could be settled out of court. Watson could still be a slimball, but the probability of him playing anywhere in the NFL next year is high. I wonder how the wine and cheese populous in Charlotte feels about Watson in a panthers uniform if those cases are dismissed? Watson's credibility will forever be altered regardless of the outcome, because he has been convicted in the court of public opinion.   

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Buzbee shares some striking similarities with Lin Wood. Both appear to be immoral ambulance chasers at best and neither should honestly be members of the bar association.

A large majority of lawyers are scumbags.

Shocking to hear, I know.

Slimeball lawyers are a dime a dozen down here in Texas.  You should see the commercials these ambulance chasers put on TV.  They are ridiculous.

Edited by joemac

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m not predicting anything. I’m reading this lawyer say things and then have to retract them. It’s not a good look. 

The prediction I kept making was "well, that's gotta be all of them", especially when it hit twelve.

Then each time I thought that, infomercial announcer kept jumping out and saying "but wait, there's more".

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Conflict of interest anyone? This will probably remain a civil issue, and my guess is it could be settled out of court. Watson could still be a slimball, but the probability of him playing anywhere in the NFL next year is high. I wonder how the wine and cheese populous in Charlotte feels about Watson in a panthers uniform if those cases are dismissed? Watson's credibility will forever be altered regardless of the outcome, because he has been convicted in the court of public opinion.   

At last check, there were several women that had been harassed by Jerry Richardson still employed by the Panthers.

I'd be more concerned about their feelings, though I know there's some in the crowd that are like "Hey, we're winning football games so who cares if he victimized somebody? Me getting to watch winning football is more important than the lives of a bunch of people I don't know, right?" 🙄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

At last check, there were several women that had been harassed by Jerry Richardson still employed by the Panthers.

I'd be more concerned about their feelings, though I know there's some in the crowd that are like "Hey, we're winning football games so who cares if he victimized somebody? Me getting to watch winning football is more important than the lives of a bunch of people I don't know, right?" 🙄

Still trying to prove someone guilty I see smh! Trying to say or prove you know anything going on is a bad look imo

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Still trying to prove someone guilty I see smh! Trying to say or prove you know anything going on is a bad look imo

I don't know whether he's guilty or not, but it looks pretty bad. In the latest suit, a third woman accused him of forcing oral sex.

The prime difference between you and me though is that I care whether he's guilty or not.

You're one of the prime examples of "Who cares about these b-tches? I just want to watch some football games."

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know whether he's guilty or not, but it looks pretty bad. In the latest suit, a third woman accused him of forcing oral sex.

The prime difference between you and me though is that I care whether he's guilty or not.

No you don’t lol u have pretty much said he is guilty. If and say if he has done this he is a piece of crap and shouldn’t be playing in the nfl anymore. But to act like we know anything is crazy, we’re just regular people. We know nothing at this point! I mean Cam lost sponsors for what he said to that woman reporter a couple years ago. Watson at this point has lost no sponsors and hasn’t even been put on exempt list with them saying 24 women. Cmon man something weird is going on, and if you say you know different your WRONG!

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

No you don’t lol u have pretty much said he is guilty. If and say if he has done this he is a piece of crap and shouldn’t be playing in the nfl anymore. But to act like we know anything is crazy, we’re just regular people. We know nothing at this point! I mean Cam lost sponsors for what he said to that woman reporter a couple years ago. Watson at this point has lost no sponsors and hasn’t even been put on exempt list with them saying 24 women. Cmon man something weird is going on, and if you say you know different your WRONG!

It's 25 women now, and it's no longer true that all of them are represented by Tony Buzbee.

"Something weird"? Yeah, I'd say that.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the statement:

I am saying that me and my clients will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities. 

So the statement isn't "we're not going to the police". It's "we're not going to the Houston Police Department".

What's the alternative? State police, I suppose.

The SI accuser does have a different lawyer, but hasn't decided whether she's going to file a lawsuit yet. I suppose it's possible others may choose to change lawyers at some point (don't know enough about the legal process to know what that entails).

As to why they chose a guy who's making a circus of it? The only thought I had on that is that a more sober, reserved lawyer might not have wanted to take a case so high profile and complicated whereas a lawyer that's full of sh-t will charge the gates of Hell with a water pistol.

the SBI would be it. They may take it because of the high profile status of the case but as far as jurisdictional issues they can deny taking it until the HPD refers it to them, the SBI can’t just take over without a good cause of being requested by the HPD. a plaintiff can’t exactly decide which agency will investigate their case because that is dictated by the location the offense occurred.

while I am personally suspect of the validity of the case because so far there has been no evidence given, or shared with the proper authorities. Which is leading me to believe it’s BS. Criminal conviction/charges would only further the civil case, so a lack of that so far would tell me the evidence is questionable at best. But I also reserve Judgement until after these issues are resolved. 

I know many here think we were close to landing Watson, but I’m not going to ignore the gravity of these accusations just because he was close to becoming a Panther.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

the SBI would be it. They may take it because of the high profile status of the case but as far as jurisdictional issues they can deny taking it until the HPD refers it to them, the SBI can’t just take over without a good cause of being requested by the HPD. a plaintiff can’t exactly decide which agency will investigate their case because that is dictated by the location the offense occurred.

while I am personally suspect of the validity of the case because so far there has been no evidence given, or shared with the proper authorities. Which is leading me to believe it’s BS. Criminal conviction/charges would only further the civil case, so a lack of that so far would tell me the evidence is questionable at best. But I also reserve Judgement until after these issues are resolved. 

I know many here think we were close to landing Watson, but I’m not going to ignore the gravity of these accusations just because he was close to becoming a Panther.

Thanks.

You in the area? If so, what's the discussion like down there?

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's 25 women now, and it's no longer true that all of them are represented by Tony Buzbee.

"Something weird"? Yeah, I'd say that.

I agree that is it a bad look, no doubt. I’m pretty sure that Watson is not innocent here. However, the circumstances are just too large to ignore. Any victim here should have their day in court, period for both sides. The fact that this lawyer states that it is not about money but about a changing the NFL culture is the dumbest thing I have read in years. Really, a lawyer not interested in money? Shiiiiittttt, yeah right. Huddlers and Panther fans would be embarrassed and horrified by some of the off-season shenanigans that young players do. Young kids, big money, big fame, usually equals poor decisions. The biggest question I have is why did these women wait to jump on this lawsuit, how far back does this go? What evidence do they have, text messages, Instagram postings? Hopefully, this will get resolved and either the female victims receive justice or Watson is exonerated. 

Watsons reputation is ruined, I mean people still talk about Brett Favre and ole Super Bowl champ teabags McGhee.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1