• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record. Who still wants Watson?

Sasquatch

12 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I will say this the people trying to argue the case to clear Watson, why do you care? He isn’t coming here, not after these allegations he would be lucky to play football again at this current rate.

find something else to focus on than a lost cause.

I've seen a few folks who still have that pipe dream, including one who thinks it happens before the draft (yikes).

In reality, barring a settlement or some other miraculous event, Florio estimates that Watson's current slate of lawsuits will take about two years to work through.

And I know some folks think a settlement just makes everything magically go away, but it's really not that simple; especially given that each and every one of the accusers is asking for an admission of guilt.

I feel pretty confident in saying two things:

Nobody, including us, is trading for Watson while this is still going on (we'd be idiots to do so).

And specific to the Panthers, we're not waiting around for two years to address our quarterback situation.

As Verge has said more than once, that ship has sailed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Icege said:

tldr; Deshaun Waton's attorney's son works for HPD?

That’s not his decision to make and at this point he’d be turning the evidence over to the Houston DA in conjunction with the police any who. If illegal activities happened and the DA wants the police to investigate he could be at risk here by not turning over evidence. The police department knows how to compartmentalize. 

Not a good look for Buzbee. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Every time you think this ordeal can't get any weirder, it does.

"But wait, there's more!"

Oy 😖

Remember when it was one lawsuit?

Then suddenly it was four, then six, then nine, then twelve.

When it got to twelve, I remember saying "Well, that's gotta be all there are. That's like once a month!"

And then it doubled.

I stopped saying "this couldn't get any weirder" a long time ago.

• Pie 1

people saying that these women need to fire their lawyer might be missing the point. the thing to think about is that if most or all of these women had sex with watson, which seems likely, that every single thing that was said in the aftermath electronically or otherwise would come out in the discovery phase. i mentioned a while back that watson has lawyers also and that at least half of these accusations would be put on ice by text message history alone. if they discussed it with friends as a consensual encounter or used it as a flex, that's grounds for immediate dismissal. in this day and time, can you imagine anyone not doing that? what do you think happens to the case against watson if those receipts are presented to the DA? 

however, if watson and his representation don't yet know these text messages confirming consent exist, they may feel more compromised than they actually are. the first thing that watson and his lawyers would do and likely have done is attempt to discredit the claims one by one with anything that runs contrary to the stories as they were presented. any and all electronic communication to watson or other parties would be fair game. if the lawyer for these women started losing accusers by the handful when an actual criminal investigation started, not only would he look like a fool but his clients wouldn't get a dime. 

by not going to the police with the claims, this is an indication that they've probably got nothing. no smoking gun or major bombshell in any of the 20 claims that makes it a slam dunk for criminal charges. without that, taking this to the DA is only compromising your standing in the civil case that could be knocked over by a swift breeze when the DA laughs you out of court once watson's representation starts rolling out all the evidence they have. and make no mistake, these are savages. watson can afford far better representation than this vendetta wielding small-time local. he knows he's outgunned and he knows that his cases can't withstand the scrutiny of an actual criminal investigation, so the only thing left to do is fully commit to the idea of settlements. the way he came out all hot and heavy at the start of this case compared to what we're seeing now is the result of his own investigators tracking down every single one of these allegations and not liking what they've found. that's the reason for the 180. it wasn't as salacious as expected and now he's just trying to convict watson in the court of public opinion by saying that a settlement is an acknowledgement of wrongdoing when the truth is that a settlement is just the path of least resistance for someone who wants to be done with this situation. the pivot was made because it had to be made. he's just reading the writing on the wall. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

You seem to be confused. I am hoping you are young. This isn't rocket science. 

No one should claim someone is believable or not before seeing/hearing all the evidence. 

Then after hearing all the available evidence, can you form your own personal opinion on what happen. 

Which doesn't mean you are right or know what actually happen.

However, that doesn't change the fact when and how you report it will affect people's perceptions. 

I, like most, would be more predisposition, to believe someone who immediately goes to police with bruising and signs of sexual trauma vs someone who comes forward years later with a civil suit. 

Thats the issue here, isn't it?  There is ZERO evidence that any of this happened.  Like, none.  How do you prove that Watson asked a woman to stick her finger up his asshole?  How do you prove that he asked for a B.J.?  Also, being a masseuse, who is more than likely young and very attractive, who caters to people like Watson, you have to figure this is not the first time they have been propositioned.  I imagine it sorta comes with the territory.  

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Well, there are normal people and there are NFL athletes. 

I think Christian McCaffrey has said massages are part of his daily M-F routine.  I don't think a NFL player getting absurd body work is abnormal.

Now, a NFL player hiring a bunch of random woman off Instagram? That is different. 

Yeah man - there is a whole IG "massage" prostitution black market out there....and its not hard to find at all.  You have what is most likely a young, very attractive woman advertising her services online....I would venture to say that more than 50% of them are offering up something more than just some simple "body work" if you catch my drift.  Sex work has been normalized to a huge degree in our country today.

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

Thats the issue here, isn't it?  There is ZERO evidence that any of this happened.  Like, none.  How do you prove that Watson asked a woman to stick her finger up his asshole?  How do you prove that he asked for a B.J.?  Also, being a masseuse, who is more than likely young and very attractive, who caters to people like Watson, you have to figure this is not the first time they have been propositioned.  I imagine it sorta comes with the territory.  

You have zero access to any of the evidence that may exist so how could you possibly know?