• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miami @3

With the Watson fiasco going on I doubt we trade for him.

I think Miami has to weigh out whether they want to move forward with Tua or snag one of the QBs in this draft.

Trading up might cost 2 or 3 first or any number of draft combinations which I think many of us will be willing to do.

BUT, WHAT IF,  Miami stays at 3 and take s QB.  Would you be willing to trade for Tua?  I know many are split on whether he has the tools to be a solid NFL starter.  I thought he had his bright and terrible moments.  But truthfully, most rookies do.  If you think he worthy of trading for, what would we be willing to give up to get him. 

If they take a QB at 3. I think giving up 8 is too high considering they are moving on from him however instead of giving them a 2nd maybe we give them 8 in exchange we get Tua and 18.  

Tua Yes or No and if Yes what would you trade for him?

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Trading Tua and an 18th for the 8 would be insanely stupid on their part, so I would gladly take that deal. Hell, we could turn around and move him for more than that.

Not necessarily so, If Miami chose a QB at 3, No one is going to give a first round pick straight up for a 2nd year player that you've deemed replaceable.  2nd round would be generous. 

Offering 8 and Tua for 18 is not such a bad deal for either team IF Fitterer and Rhule thinks he's worthy to be franchise QB.

As the draft approaches it looks like 4 if not all 5 QBs go before our pick at 8.  That leaves us with no QB to focus on. 

If Miami decides to trade the #3 pick than i hope the Panthers are in the mix to make that trade.

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Not necessarily so, If Miami chose a QB at 3, No one is going to give a first round pick straight up for a 2nd year player that you've deemed replaceable.  2nd round would be generous. 

Offering 8 and Tua for 18 is not such a bad deal for either team IF Fitterer and Rhule thinks he's worthy to be franchise QB.

As the draft approaches it looks like 4 if not all 5 QBs go before our pick at 8.  That leaves us with no QB to focus on. 

If Miami decides to trade the #3 pick than i hope the Panthers are in the mix to make that trade.

I am not sure if you have looked around the league recently but the QB desperation is at an all time high. Tua is a top 5 draft pick on a rookie deal. I GUARANTEE that Miami can get more than that for him right now. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not sure if you have looked around the league recently but the QB desperation is at an all time high. Tua is a top 5 draft pick on a rookie deal. I GUARANTEE that Miami can get more than that for him right now. 

I will agree that some team might cough up a late first rounder for him but getting another top 10 pick is more valuable than their mid round or late round pick.   Maybe we sweeten the deal with one of our extra 6th round picks.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I will agree that some team might cough up a late first rounder for him but getting another top 10 pick is more valuable than their mid round or late round pick.   Maybe we sweeten the deal with one of our extra 6th round picks.

I am just going to disagree with you on his value. Admittedly, he didn't exactly light the world on fire so I don't think he would command the kind of haul Herbert would(Probably 2-3 1st round draft picks) but he is still a very promising young QB on a rookie deal. I definitely don't that that EVERY QB needy team would be willing to pony up a haul for Tua but I could easily see a scenario where he is a top 10 pick, and something like two 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd. Keep in mind, he was already a top 5 pick, so it is basically trading into the top five in a previous draft, which is typically pretty pricey. 

So, yeah, if they were willing to make that trade, I am doing it all day long because we absolutely destroy them on the value. Do I feel like Tua is worth trading for much closer to "market value?" Honestly, not really. I was a little skeptical of him coming in, although mainly due to the injury. After seeing him last year, I do think he might be a lot more of a project than I expected.