• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold

unicar15

Two things:

Drew Brees was markedly better than Darnold ever was before being released to free agency, so the Saints didn't have to use any draft capital. 

Desean Watson's situation will have to really eclipse the ordinary for him to be considered before the draft, as far as time and circumstances. I would think that the ONLY chance he has to even get off, much less before the draft (even perceptibly) is for his defense to prove that even one person is lying. If that were to happen, though somewhat of a longshot, then that may impugn the whole lot of them.

40 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Yep.

#8 overall for Minshew and the two Jacksonville second round picks. I mentioned this before but That would be the deal I’d be trying to push. I’d even do Minshew, a second and a third for our #8.

how good do you think Minshew is? I read nfl.com article stating he would go for a 4th at max.... His stats do not reflect his inability to read a defense and weak arm.

14 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Darnold or Minshew?

neither jets or jags are going to get a first round pick in return for thes quarterbacks. They dont have leverage. They are assumingly going to draft their replacements. All teams are going to low ball offer them bc otherwise they just have an extra bench warmer.

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Teddy had maybe the best three receiver lineup in the entire NFL and couldn’t eclipse 4000 passing yards. We saw his best season last year. That was it...

I don’t think anyone in the NFL thinks that we’ve seen the best of Darnold yet bc Gase is such a disaster. 

Flipping a 3rd for Darnold as a backup to not getting Watson imo is maybe as good or better plan to trading a treasure trove for a top 3 pick. Unless coaches think his problems just aren’t repairable. 

The same three receivers that had career years with Bridgewater last season?

This narrative people are spinning is weird. 

28 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Darnold or Minshew?

Darnold. He was the 3rd overall pick just 2 years ago and pretty much everybody is still decently high on him, from the huddle to the media, with most people saying the Jets aren’t really his fault. If you hear all those takes in the media, you’ll probably hear similar around NFL front offices.

And I think the huddle is generally overly optimistic about minimizing what we would have to give up to acquire players or draft picks or what we can get in return for players/draft picks.

27 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

neither jets or jags are going to get a first round pick in return for thes quarterbacks. They dont have leverage. They are assumingly going to draft their replacements. All teams are going to low ball offer them bc otherwise they just have an extra bench warmer.

These guys are on team friendly rookie contracts. They don’t have to sell at all.

• Pie 2