• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold

unicar15

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I'd take Chalk, Robinson and Eifert over Anderson, Davis and Thomas.

DJ is better than Chark.

CMC is better than Robinson.

Anderson is better than Eifert.

Even if you want to go by pass catchers last year alone our group destroys theirs. DJ, Anderson and Curtis kill their group. 

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

DJ is better than Chark.

CMC is better than Robinson.

Anderson is better than Eifert.

Even if you want to go by pass catchers last year alone our group destroys theirs. DJ, Anderson and Curtis kill their group. 

I thought we were doing a like-for-like comparison?

Anderson isn't a TE and McCaffrey barely touched the field last year. The Jaguars drafted a guy to be their no.1 WR last year - he's pretty good, but Moore is better. 

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I thought we were doing a like-for-like comparison?

Anderson isn't a TE and McCaffrey barely touched the field last year. The Jaguars drafted a guy to be their no.1 WR last year - he's pretty good, but Moore is better. 

Even if we are doing it position by position I wouldn’t leave out our #2 and 3 targets. Moore, Anderson and Samuel are way better than what Jacksonville has. 

On 3/21/2021 at 8:47 AM, kungfoodude said:

The difference with Wentz is that he has actually played at a very high level in the NFL and he is on a long term deal. The counter being that he is much more expensive than Darnold and his injury history is quite concerning. It's also a concern that he was as bad as he was in 2020. It was reminiscent of a kicker who just all of a sudden lost "it."

When was Carson Wentz at his best? When Frank Reich was in Philly running the offense. When Frank Reich left, the output of the offense diminished and talent evaluation was terrible. Who traded for Wentz? Frank Reich.

Tells you all you need to know about how coaching impacts player development. 

31 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

When was Carson Wentz at his best? When Frank Reich was in Philly running the offense. When Frank Reich left, the output of the offense diminished and talent evaluation was terrible. Who traded for Wentz? Frank Reich.

Tells you all you need to know about how coaching impacts player development. 

To be determined. If he is a turd in Indy too, then it will probably indicate that something more than Frank Reich was the issue.

Samuel Darnold was selected third overall by the Jets in the 2018 NFL Draft for a reason. I would be all in for obtaining him if he could be gotten for a third or fourth round draft choice. 

Playing for a Panthers team that would be an upgrade over his present Jets team should allow him to further reach his upside potential .

Edited by KatsAzz

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The most important things you need to play in the current Panthers system are accuracy, intelligence and the ability to make good reads.

Does Darnold have those things? been a while since I've read a scouting report on him so I couldn't say.

Aren’t these Teddy attributes? We need someone with arm strength that can stretch the field also. Keeps the defense honest and helps CMC see less players in the box. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Aren’t these Teddy attributes? We need someone with arm strength that can stretch the field also. Keeps the defense honest and helps CMC see less players in the box. 

They are, but there's more to it as well.

You can have all of those things and still not be a great quarterback.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The most important things you need to play in the current Panthers system are accuracy, intelligence and the ability to make good reads.

Does Darnold have those things? been a while since I've read a scouting report on him so I couldn't say.

TB literally has all of those things in spades and threw for less than 4K yards....with literally three guys who are all at the very least very good #2 receivers and DJ is a bonafide 1.

38 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

TB literally has all of those things in spades and threw for less than 4K yards....with literally three guys who are all at the very least very good #2 receivers and DJ is a bonafide 1.

Like I said, you can have those things and fail.

However, you can't not have those things and succeed.