• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are There Any Players You Would Like the Team to Move before the Draft?

45catfan

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So what if we get a rookie QB this year?  Start him and let him get shell shocked or throw Walker/Grier out there as sacrificial offerings?  Our OL is still very much a work in progress.

You are all about some tanking, BTW.

I'm all about not throwing good money after bad with Teddy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Teddy, Little ans Jackson. Getting anything for Teddy is a win. Same with Little. I don't want to see us give Jackson a big contract and this is a great year to unload him for us. Bring in a  fast big body CB like we have been looking at recently.

Yep, with our luck he'll just play well enough to seek a big payday.  I'd rather offload him, get an extra draft pick and draft another corner this year.  One that may not be quite as fast, sure, but a hard-nose tackler and stellar in coverage. This class is LOADED!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I'd love to trade:

Greg Little for Aaron Donald

Teddy Bridgewater for Patrick Mahommes

Ian Thomas for Travis Kelce

Donte Jackson for Jaire Alexander

Shaq Thompson for Lavonte David

Marquise Haynes for Myles Garrett

Will Grier for a 20% coupon to Bed Bath and Beyond.

LOL, good luck with all of that.  Besides, I doubt Bed Bath and Beyond would honor the coupon for Grier.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, with our luck he'll just play well enough to seek a big payday.  I'd rather offload him, get an extra draft pick and draft another corner this year.  One that may not be quite as fast, sure, but a hard-nose tackler and stellar in coverage. This class is LOADED!

I am always against paying big money to small CBs. It is and we need any 3xtra draft capital we can get.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

In exchange for another player or to pick up extra draft picks.  I have 6 (with explanations):

-Shaq Thompson: Overpriced with average production

-Greg Little:  Can't stay healthy and hasn't lived up to his potential

-Ian Thomas:  Unable to take the next step; destined to be a #2 guy his whole career

-Donte Jackson:  Yeah he has speed, but can't tackle, can't stay healthy and coverage skills is marginal at best.

-Will Grier: Third round draft pick warming the bench, enough said.

-Marquis Haynes: Nothing more than a situational (undersized) pass rusher that hits FA next year.  Get something for him now.

Who would you attempt to shop before the draft?

We just reworked Shaq's contract. there is 0% chance they move him unless you want $18mm in dead money.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's like I said when we signed Teddy. Teddy is purgatory. He's not good enough to allow you to compete but he's good enough to keep you out of draft contention for a legit franchise QB. Lo and behold look where we are, very possibly sitting just outside of the range for a top tier QB prospect this year. 

Man, I think you are overrating the heck out of Teddy.  He's absolutely capable of taking a team to the #1 overall pick Tyrod-style.  Hell, he played at that level last year with his conservativeness and timid play in the clutch.  In our 4 wins with him, we averaged 23 points and only scored more than 23 points once.  And he did all he could to lose that WFT game.  

I get what you are saying but I think Teddy is definitely bad enough to get a top 3 pick.  Which is what we would have gotten if Rivera didn't start Haskins.  He's the same as Tyrod Taylor, in that their numbers never look flat-out terrible but only because they play super conservative.  But the way they play the game is BAD and can easily get a team a high pick.  Not a lot of QBs gonna throw for only 14 or whatever TDs when they have 4 1,000 YFS players around them.  Teddy dog ish.

Edited by Mage

4 hours ago, stbugs said:

I was last year as I wanted a solid QB not some mediocre Teddy. If all we have after the draft is Teddy and Grier then yes, I’d rather tank than keep paying Teddy. Heck, I’d rather see what Walker could do.

If we get a rookie and we deem him as not quite ready week 1, absolutely throw out Grier and Walker to the wolves. Teddy can’t teach him anything that the coaches can’t and he costs too much. If we get a rookie QB then we better be spending a few picks on OL.

If the team could just let me know in advance if they plan to tank I can free up my Sunday evenings. 

• Beer 1