• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson may be placed on paid leave.

42 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It's the off-season. This forum is typically general NFL this time of year. It's fine. Don't like the Watson threads? Don't open them. Want something other than Watson threads? Start creating some more panther related threads.

Btw, the Watson story is panther related considering our interest.

Not only that, but there are others who pied this post.  So they agree with the thread protestor expressing his opinion in the thread he does not think should exist--and yet they are reading posts within the thread. 

I cannot make this up.  That is like driving by a strip club, going inside and grabbing the microphone on the stage and announcing, "Hey--I think people should not go into strip clubs!"  and three people in the club start clapping in agreement and buy him a beer. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Carolina will be trading with the Jets who will then trade for Watson.  Carolina will take Zach Wilson at #2.  Houston will get more value but just not in this years draft.  Their penalty for not moving Watson soon enough.

No thanks to Wilson, especially at the price it would take for him

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

At this point I think Watson is gonna end up facing criminal charges along with the exempt list. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans flat out cut him when those indictments happen. It is looking that way based off what I’ve read.

What would they gain by cutting him?

44 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What would they gain by cutting him?

PR. If he’s indicted on multiple counts of sexual assault/rape with damning evidence which the lawyer says they have.  I don’t trust that shady lawyer but if they actually do Texans will more than likely cut him. And if there are indictments then they more than likely have damning evidence.

I know this is a much higher degree of criminality but the Patriots cut Aaron Hernandez two hours after he was arrested for murder. If the reports are true about Watson forcing oral sex, ejaculating on massage therapists, forcing sexual touching, etc. he could be looking at a very looooooong time in prison. Multiple counts that hold decades in prison. 

with that said Watson deserves to be looked at as innocent until proven guilty. He has a spotless record and is known to be a very good person but that PR could change very quickly with whatever gets put out to the public.

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

PR. If he’s indicted on multiple counts of sexual assault/rape with damning evidence which the lawyer says they have.  I don’t trust that shady lawyer but if they actually do Texans will more than likely cut him. And if there are indictments then they more than likely have damning evidence.

I know this is a much higher degree of criminality but the Patriots cut Aaron Hernandez two hours after he was arrested for murder. If the reports are true about Watson forcing oral sex, ejaculating on massage therapists, forcing sexual touching, etc. he could be looking at a very looooooong time in prison. Multiple counts that hold decades in prison. 

with that said Watson deserves to be looked at as innocent until proven guilty. He has a spotless record and is known to be a very good person but that PR could change very quickly with whatever gets put out to the public.

Said elsewhere what I'm going to be interested to see is whether his defense comes out saying he didn't do any of this or if it's more a case of "well yeah, he did this but it's not his fault because he has a fetish / illness / addiction / whatever".

If they go into image rehab mode, they might save his career but it would mean admitting that he actually did do some or all of the things he's accused of.

I seriously don't think you can trade for him at that point. You can't make that guy the face of your franchise.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said elsewhere what I'm going to be interested to see is whether his defense comes out saying he didn't do any of this or if it's more a case of "well yeah, he did this but it's not his fault because he has a fetish / illness / addiction / whatever".

If they go into image rehab mode, they might save his career but it would mean admitting that he actually did do some or all of the things he's accused of.

I seriously don't think you can trade for him at that point. You can't make that guy the face of your franchise.

You are looking at this like he’s already guilty. This all depends on if they have damning evidence. Not just text screenshots that say “sorry about earlier.” That doesn’t do anything. The lawyer says they do but that lawyer is also a liar and total freak show. If they don’t have evidence this turns into a he said/she said situation.

I think Watson's camp needs to slow roll this as long as possible unless they know there is evidence. If there is than I could see them coming out and saying Watson has an addiction or whatever. But you don’t come out and say that until you know for sure they have evidence. It’s an extremely fuged up situation. I just hope none of this is true for everyone’s sake.