• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky on Trey Lance

Troys99x4

Ahh, the age old tearing down of guys.  Keep it up NFL types!  Break down Trey more and more.  Make him stick around to 8 so we can snag him 😃

Trey isn't ready to jump in feet first.  Instead, let him sit behind Bridgewater for a half a season or more.  Then let's get the machine rolling!

Nothing mentioned is KILLER.  All these QBs have flaws that need to be fixed.  

Developing a QB is very, very different than developing a CB.  It's different honestly than any other position.  Those guys who can develop NFL QB's are rare, not nearly enough of them around.  I don't know if we have that guy on staff.  Joe Brady can construct a passing game, absolutely no doubt.  But that's still very different than developing a QB.

The fact that Lance is playing FCS football is already a strike.  It makes all that running he did frankly irrelevant to me.  If that's his NFL game, I don't want him.

If someone can fix those mechanics, great.  But even I could spot his flaws.  Lazy feet, inconsistent drops.  I hope our staff is better now, but we never fixed those things with our last franchise QB - also a physically talented runner - and we ruined him.  I don't want to see that ever again.

Lance is the number 4 QB in this draft.  He is a project QB and will need time. Usually these QBs go in the bottom half of the first round.  I am not big at taking him at 8, but we might have to because of the demand on QB.  In actuality I hope he is gone by 8 so we can dodge this bullet and get BPA at a position of need. There is a lot of teir 1 talent that can have an immediate impact on this team.