• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alabama Pro Day Today at 12 pm

BurnNChinn

29 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I'll trust the staff if he's the guy, but I'm not getting excited about the poor man's Matt Ryan when Teddy already exists. 

When his selling points are "he can throw the ball" and "he won games" that's quite the low bar.  When you toss in the details of "he can throw the ball to the best skill group ever assembled in college with an amazing OL and run game" and "he won games at Alabama where career backup QBs can win a national title", it's a little less appealing.   Dude just screams safely mediocre and not much else.  So if the Kirk Cousins & Alex Smith's of the world get you all hot and bothered, go nuts. Couldn't be me though. 

At the end of the day they spent a week with him in Mobile - and didn't push him to play in the game with a niggling foot injury.

They'll know all they need to about him at this point - and as Rhule has discussed, getting to know the guys is half the evaluation battle (something he's missed with the Combine being cancelled).

We'll see how it plays out, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's our guy. 

40 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We'll see how it plays out, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's our guy. 

I am mentally prepared, right or wrong, for Mac Jones to be the starter for the panthers at some point in 2021.  Personally I would rather build around Lance but I can easily see why they would go with Jones if Lance is there.  He is a massive project that probably needs at least 2 years of seasoning.

If this is Rhule and Company guy then I will always support the Panthers no matter what... I'll just have lost alot of trust in their team building and plann for the team going forward... I'll also be praying every season the team is good enough to carry a avg. QB... Like in the years before Cam..  But this will be their 2nd QB move that is questionable and doesn't speak to a coaching staff knowing what is needed in that position... But I will still support the team no matter what and hope for the best...

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am mentally prepared, right or wrong, for Mac Jones to be the starter for the panthers at some point in 2021.  Personally I would rather build around Lance but I can easily see why they would go with Jones if Lance is there.  He is a massive project that probably needs at least 2 years of seasoning.

I would rather have 1 Superbowl and 19 losing seasons than 19 years of 10-6 9-7 11-5 and nothing.

Lance at least gives us a chance at greatness.

Jones is 10 wins every year but no ring. Screw that.

Who cares if we have to wait till year 3 to pay off. It gives us 3 or 4 solid drafts.

Edited by Catsfan69
  • Beer 1

I'm going to apologize now.. Because I'm spoiled as a fan.. I've spent the last decade with a QB that every game no matter who we played.. Gave me confidence that we can win and he would pull us thru... And I'm just not ready to go back to the days when we didn't have that..  I tried to convince myself to many times now that mediocre at the QB position can change.. And Avg. Talent can turn into consistent winning.. I gave Teddy a chance, I gave Kyle a chance and in the end it's reality now for me.. You need something special with tangible skillsets at that position to consistently win.. Plain and simple I'm done fabricating and making up stuff to make myself feel better about the QB position on the Panthers...

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm going to apologize now.. Because I'm spoiled as a fan.. I've spent the last decade with a QB that every game no matter who we played.. Gave me confidence that we can win and he would pull us thru... And I'm just not ready to go back to the days when we didn't have that..  I tried to convince myself to many times now that mediocre at the QB position can change.. And Avg. Talent can turn into consistent winning.. I gave Teddy a chance, I gave Kyle a chance and in the end it's reality now for me.. You need something special with tangible skillsets at that position to consistently win.. Plain and simple I'm done fabricating and making up stuff to make myself feel better about the QB position on the Panthers...

Honestly Kyle didn't get much of a chance.

He started one year as basically a rookie with virtually no college experience. 

He needs 3 years of starting play  before he can truly be ruled one way or another. 

The guy made some of the best throws here that we haven't seen since 2016.

6 hours ago, Varking said:

45 yards. His 15 yard line to the opposing 40. Either way this one was actually a good throw. 

Air yards, not field yards. Geometry comes into play when the pass is not going perfectly perpendicular to the point of release.

Edited by Moo Daeng

19 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Air yards, not field yards. Geometry comes into play when the pass is not going perfectly perpendicular to the point of release.

Fine then add yards to this.

Mac can't do this.

Go F yourself NFL it was 17 yrs ago. Quit blocking vids on The HUDDLE!!!!!

Somebody Pythagoras this for me I'm at the doctor 

Moose is B Jake is A the pass is c

A^2 +b^2=c^2

Edited by Catsfan69

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Honestly Kyle didn't get much of a chance.

He started one year as basically a rookie with virtually no college experience. 

He needs 3 years of starting play  before he can truly be ruled one way or another. 

The guy made some of the best throws here that we haven't seen since 2016.

This is why I'm spoiled.. I'm sorry for Kyle but Cam showed us Game 1 he was it... Plus to be honest I saw Kyle try to do top QB things but showed he didn't have the Arm strength to make things happen.   I know what I want in that position now and if your team doesn't have it or isn't constantly trying to get it.. I consider it a failure.. Waiting on the perfect situation to see it our of a player is a waste of time in my opinion.. 

Edited by WOW!!

32 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Fine then add yards to this.

Mac can't do this.

Go F yourself NFL it was 17 yrs ago. Quit blocking vids on The HUDDLE!!!!!

Somebody Pythagoras this for me I'm at the doctor 

Moose is B Jake is A the pass is c

A^2 +b^2=c^2

Delhomme was literally the king of rainbow deep throws. That's not an indication of arm strength at all.

17 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Delhomme was literally the king of rainbow deep throws. That's not an indication of arm strength at all.

You understand that a correct deep throw is supposed to be on that trajectory right?

That when the ball comes straight down it's harder to intercept. 

And yes to throw it that far that high takes arm strength. 

Mac Jones nor Teddy can do this.

X clown was a perfect 30 yr cannon shot.

Mac Jones would be the dumbest pick at 8 since Pickles.

Edited by Catsfan69
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Somebody else would have to chart it. I don’t know if I can give him 10 additional yards.

4 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I would rather have 1 Superbowl and 19 losing seasons than 19 years of 10-6 9-7 11-5 and nothing.

Lance at least gives us a chance at greatness.

Jones is 10 wins every year but no ring. Screw that.

Who cares if we have to wait till year 3 to pay off. It gives us 3 or 4 solid drafts.

So you're a pretty content Panthers fan then 'cos that's pretty much what we've achieved as a franchise so far.

No thanks. I'd like to be a consistent winner.