• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

List of Realistic Available Big Men

bLACKpANTHER

Proven Upgrade:
Myles Turner, IND - 24 yrs old - $18m (3yrs)
Richaun Holmes, SAC - 27 yrs old - $5m (1yr)
Andre Drummond, CLE - 27 yrs old - $28.8m (1yr)
Nikola Vucevic, ORL - 30 yrs old - $26m (3yrs)

We have been linked to be interested in all of these guys but their teams are not willing to simply give them away. We would have to send back at least one 1st round pick + a few of our young-core players (Monk, Bridges, PJ, Graham).. the asking price is too much to be honest. Maybe we can get Drummond but his price tag is huge for a 1 year rental.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Short-Term Vet Help:
JaValee McGee, CLE - 33 yrs old - $4.2m (1yr)
Ed Davis, MIN - 31 yrs old - $5m (1yr)
Hassan Whiteside, SAC - 31 yrs old - $1.6m (1yr)

I'm sure all these guys could help our rebounding numbers and/or defend the paint. I have to imagine we wouldn't have to give up much more than a 2nd round pick. Our available open roster spot is where this could be of great use.

Roll of the Dice:
Mo Bamba, ORL - 22 yrs old - $5.8m (2yrs)
Wendell Carter Jr., CHI - 21 yrs old - $5.4m (2yrs)
Montrez Harrell - 27 yrs old - $9.2m (2yrs)
Marvin Bagley, SAC - 22 yrs old - $9m (2yrs)
JaBari Parker, SAC - 26 yrs old - $6.5m (1yr)

These players are somewhere in between. They could be great fits but could be someone we run out of town at the end of their contracts. Good thing is - they are really short term and not too pricey.

• Pie 2

I hope we can get Holmes or Turner without sending too much away.. but if they want too much, McGee for a 2nd is a no brainer..

In Mitch I Trust
  • Pie 1

This Montrezl Harrell idea sounds pretty good although putting together a trade without Graham could be difficult.

Graham, Biz and a second might be enough but maybe not.  Also leaves us thin the the backcourt.

Edited by Shocker

I actually feel good about this. I never wanted the team to give assets away in what's technically year two of a rebuild. LaMelo, Hayward, Terry's leap and other players improving have shown we are further along than we anticipated after last year ended, but I still think there is value to letting this thing take shape organically.

Doesn't mean I'm opposed to a move. Think it would be a lower profile one though ie trading for a bench piece instead of an impact starter.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I think the Turner/Holmes type of deals we are walking away from but the McGee/Whiteside type of deals should still get done.. a 2nd rounder for McGee needs to happen unless someone else comes in and gives something more

So much for that

• Pie 1