• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Jets' 2nd pick is open for business...?

TheCasillas

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It's not any one game, Wilson showed throughout the year that he was a top 10 worthy pick based on how he throws guys open, throws with anticipation, and throws incredibly accurately while improvising. 

Coastal was not on him. At all. Watch the film again, he was dropping dimes that were getting dropped left and right. 

But we aren't just talking about being top 10 worthy.  We are talking about being worth multiple first round picks plus an assortment of picks from other rounds. 

I think if you are going to give away all that.....there should be at least one example where you go, see that game.  That's why he is worth it.  

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

But we aren't just talking about being top 10 worthy.  We are talking about being worth multiple first round picks plus an assortment of picks from other rounds. 

I think if you are going to give away all that.....there should be at least one example where you go, see that game.  That's why he is worth it.  

See, I saw his entire season and said "that's why he's worth it." Hell, Trask had a game where he played lights out and looked like a stud, he is nowhere near worthy a top 10 pick. 

What I'm saying is you can't base a player's value off of one game. Wilson showed week over week that he was one of the best QB's in the class and has the skillset that transfers well to the NFL. 

So basically pick any game last year and look at Wilson. That's the game that shows he has the traits to make it, and why I personally believe he is worthy multiple picks to trade up and take. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's not his "signature game", and it's a silly take.

you said that was his best game. 

I don't think it is a silly take to say give me a game where someone legitimately wowed...when we are talking about giving up an assortment of first round draft picks and what not for them. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

you said that was his best game. 

I don't think it is a silly take to say give me a game where someone legitimately wowed...when we are talking about giving up an assortment of first round draft picks and what not for them. 

I said their bowl game was the best game of his that I saw. Spanish saw more games of his than I did.

Wilson is damn near universally projected to be the second quarterback off the board and likely the number two pick overall. The only question is whether it's the Jets making the pick or someone else.

And yes, acting like that Coastal Carolina game is the sum total of his analysis is a silly take.

Edited by Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

See, I saw his entire season and said "that's why he's worth it." Hell, Trask had a game where he played lights out and looked like a stud, he is nowhere near worthy a top 10 pick. 

What I'm saying is you can't base a player's value off of one game. Wilson showed week over week that he was one of the best QB's in the class and has the skillset that transfers well to the NFL. 

So basically pick any game last year and look at Wilson. That's the game that shows he has the traits to make it, and why I personally believe he is worthy multiple picks to trade up and take. 

I'm not suggesting you base an assessment off of one game.   

But if we are giving up a ton of draft picks for a kid....I'd like a better resume than one great year vs meh competition.   

Just spending the #8 pick on any of these QB would be a big enough gamble in itself.  I think Field's has the highest ceiling of all the QBs.  Which includes my boy Trevor.  But I don't want to trade away a ton of picks for him either.  

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I said their bowl game was the best game of his that I saw. Spanish saw more games of his than I did.

Wilson is damn near universally projected to be the second quarterback off the board and likely the number two pick overall. The only question is whether it's the Jets making the pick or someone else.

And yes, acting like that Coastal Carolina game is the sum total of his analysis is a silly take.

Well, the question to me is....is Zach Wilson worth multiple first round picks plus several additional picks to acquire.   That's the question IMO. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Well, the question to me is....is Zach Wilson worth multiple first round picks plus several additional picks to acquire.   That's the question. 

And my answer would be no, but that's based on the durability concerns.

If the Panthers don't find that to be a problem, then I'd have no issue with it.

I mean draft picks are all risks too, QB is the position you rationalize the risk for because of the value of the position. If you'd rather trade for a guy like San Darnold who's shown nothing than take a risk on a rookie contract prospect like Wilson I think you just don't wanna risk anything at all on an unknown and to that I say relax and aim higher

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Justin Fields had that game against Clemson. 

• Pie 2