• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly: Teddy Bridgewater 'understands it's a performance-based business'

Tbe

25 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Who thought it was a good idea to give Teddy 60 million? Tepper should’ve never kept Hurney last year. If we had hired Fitterer last year instead of this year, it would’ve never happened. Fit would’ve stepped in and told Rhule, Brady and Tepper that he’s not signing Teddy. 

This. I would be half as hard on Teddy if we were paying him half as much money. It's the pricetag that's attached to his mediocrity that makes it so hard to to handle.

31 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Who thought it was a good idea to give Teddy 60 million? Tepper should’ve never kept Hurney last year. If we had hired Fitterer last year instead of this year, it would’ve never happened. Fit would’ve stepped in and told Rhule, Brady and Tepper that he’s not signing Teddy

LOL that's not how it works.

I feel bad for Teddy. I mean damn, he seems like a great enough guy. He did his best. He wasnt good enough but he showed up and didn't complain and even after all these months of fans saying he is trash, he kept himself quiet and took it. 

I for one salute you Teddy. May not have been a solution we needed but thanks for taking all of this with class. I guess when you get a big fat paycheck helps a lot, but there are many other divas in the league that would have made a huge stink of this situation. 

• Pie 4

19 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

To bad the panthers didn't watch any film on Teddy before they gave him that contract. Do some research next time for f*cks sake!

Hurney was the experienced person in the room so film wouldn't have helped reach reality.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2

Luke is a very nice guy but he is also someone who would tell it like it is. You have to acknowledge reality and move forward accordingly as an adult.

All that being said. I do not believe for a minute that it was all Marty Hurney making the decision to open up the bank vault for a Bridgewater signing. He is not Snidely Whiplash and he was already on his way out of town anyway. Those who ultimately made the decision remain. I fear a major contributing factor in the signing was the need to save face after the disastrous PR effects of moving on from #1 the way we did. I can only hope they have learned a great deal from that experience because if not we already know what is on the horizon.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

That's the pot calling the kettle black. Some of you really should learn how to use Google an check your facts first.

The floor price for a starting quarterback is around $20m according to Spotrac https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

Teddy ranks only 16th in average salary, and the only ones below him are Rothlisburger(after a huge restructuring), backups and qb's still under their rookie deal.

$20m might have been top 5 money 10 years ago, but thats just the floor these days. It's called inflation.

We took a calculated gamble because he was familiar with the system Brady was installing, and did well in it the year prior going 5-0. It didn't work. Life sucks, get over it.

You can cry in your beers all you want, but some of you armchair GM's need to check your facts first and start looking at the team long term.

Bridgewater has a voidable year after this year, and we're about 1 year away from being a complete team. But the bricks are being put in their place, and theres a light at the end of the tunnel.

I know it's hard to be patient when your definition of success is a Superbowl or we're trash, so you might wanna start lowering your expectations and get with the process, otherwise you're always gonna be disappointed.

bravo 

• Beer 1