• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you think will be the Panthers 2021 starting QB?

GOAT

Who do you think will be the Panthers 2021 starting QB?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the Panther 2021 starting QB? Not who do you want, but who do you think it will be?

• Teddy
    • Deshaun
    • Trey
    • Justin
    • Zach
    • Mac
    • Other (please comment)

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

I would not exactly call BYU a small school.  North Dakota State is a small school....

I agree, but that said, he isn’t making a name for himself against big schools either. In fact, he’s most difficult game was against a relatively small school. Anyone on board to invest the next 3 1st round picks in a guy like that... I’m glad he’s not the GM.

RG3 was a NFL proven commodity and look how that trade worked out. Doing it for a BYU rookie? Nah.

Can our front office really roll Teddy out there to start the season when we had basically zero fans all of last year? Panthers fans will line up to watch Teddy, I’m sure of it. 

I think it has to be Fields or Wilson at this point. Glad to see @Vergehas his money there as well. I think most Panthers fans could rally around those guys rather easily. 

13 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I agree, but that said, he isn’t making a name for himself against big schools either. In fact, he’s most difficult game was against a relatively small school. Anyone on board to invest the next 3 1st round picks in a guy like that... I’m glad he’s not the GM.

RG3 was a NFL proven commodity and look how that trade worked out. Doing it for a BYU rookie? Nah.

I hope they don't do this. I just think Tepper will be all in to get the next franchise QB. I really don't want to give up that much in draft capital for one player, that may, or may not pan out. Hopefully, a good QB falls to them at 8. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Louie said:

I hope they don't do this. I just think Tepper will be all in to get the next franchise QB. I really don't want to give up that much in draft capital for one player, that may, or may not pan out. Hopefully, a good QB falls to them at 8. 

Same. Desperation rarely works out for a team and giving up loads of assets for even proven players doesn’t typically work. I definitely don’t want to do it for a rookie.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Depends on where we trade up to but I’m hoping it’s Justin Fields. 

For whatever reason, I have been increasing jumping on that bus. 

I still think Miami is the best target if we want to move up.  The cost for #3 should be noticeably less than #2, and Miami has less to lose by moving down to #8 and picking up some other stuff in the process.  The list of players that fit their needs should still be pretty well stocked at #8.

As for the Jets, well, they need a lot.  A whole lot.  More than us.  They could still grab Fields at #2, but that would leave us with Wilson.