• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Permanent WTF?

Mr. Scot

On 3/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

I thought I saw something about this possibly being the case months ago. Not much risk of offending anyone (other than people who hate football) with that name. Sort of a Futbol vibe.

The woke mob hates George Washington... so, no... WFT isn’t a safe name.

I can tell you that young people in DC dig it. I see a lot of WFT ball caps. Let's be honest, the Redskins fans are dying out literally and figuratively. You've got the lifers who have gone to a game every year since their pappy took them in 1967. And even their interest is being eroded by the cynicism of the Snyder era. And after them, there isn't a lot of observable interest in Skins fandom among the young, diverse, and highly transient community of Washingtonians now. Look at a Capitals, Nationals or United game. Compare that to who you see in the stands in Landover every Sunday.

The new name is attracting the next generation of fans, and I think they'd be wise to keep it.