• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your "so far" take on Fitterer

Mr. Scot

I mean he hasn't really done anything. We have picked up some camp fodder but that's about it. We have also lost some depth at C and RB. The draft will be important but what we so after to fill out our roster will be even more important. 

Let’s be clear, this is Rhules team, and he has final say.  Fitterer is definitely a major contributor in all phases though.  I like the moves they have made so far.  The two olineman I’m not thrilled with, but Fox, Reddick, and Arnold look like fantastic pickups.  Still waiting for them to address the secondary...

I like the defensive moves and the contracts for those guys. 

offensively we seemed to target two oft injured, mediocre lineman very very early in FA period which is kind of head scratching. Not a fan of those contracts but they aren’t back breaking or anything but it’s almost like we panicked. I’m expecting a heavy oline draft, if not, yikes. They talked about getting younger on the offensive side so we’ll see.

I’m not a fan of restructuring contracts. But fitts commented on that he isn’t either but did it because of the unusual cap this year. Either way I would’ve liked to have seen us not do that. If this is a continuation over the next several seasons I won’t be too happy with it.

But it’s way too early to pass a judgement grade on him. Need several seasons of FA/draft.

Edited by TheRumGone

Right now, I'm in the "ok, we'll see" mode with Fitterer and Rhule to a degree.  This is a very different team from years past, and I'm curious to see how it grows.  Rhule does have an awful lot of control and influence.  It certainly doesn't hurt he remembers recruits a lot of these younger players.

Is it a model for long term success?  I don't know.  Last season was tough for many reasons.  There were some signs of life later on, and I think that the team is generally moving in the right direction.  I am cautiously optimistic about 2021.

6 hours ago, OldhamA said:
11 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Who reports to whom?

They both report to Tepper.

I concur.

That said, do either Rhule or Fitterer report to the other?

In the traditional NFL model the chain of command is Owner > GM > Coach...

...do you believe it's something different with the Panthers?

12 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I concur.

That said, do either Rhule or Fitterer report to the other?

In the traditional NFL model the chain of command is Owner > GM > Coach...

...do you believe it's something different with the Panthers?

@LinvilleGorge, if he spams the Appaloosa stuff one more time, I'd say you have just cause.

• Beer 1