• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tracking the braintrust

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Newton mentioned Horn as a great fit for the Panthers...if he fell to the second round.

Obviously I'm biased but I really think Horn is the best CB in the draft. As a true corner, he is the best to come out of Columbia that I have ever watched, including Gilmore. If he had INTs before this year (nobody threw at him) and the team was successful, I have no doubt he would be talked about top 10. His pro day numbers just solidified that to me. 

FTR, he also posted a 4.39. He's not slow by any means but I was not expecting that. 

I think we are waiting to see if the QB picture clears up so we can sign a free agent--QB or CB.

• LT:  Erving and Scott (slightly below average)
  • LT: Rookie like Leatherwood, Erving, and Scott (average)
  • CB:  #1: Jackson, #2 Pride  (below average)
  • CB: #1 Top free agent, #2 Jackson:  (slightly above average)

By adding a #1 CB, you get better at 2 positions and have better depth that can play.

By adding a rookie starting LT, you may improve at LT, but you bury recent signees Scott and Erving.  That just does not sound like the plan that is in place.  They are deliberately (it seems) not addressing CB--with any sense of urgency or significance.

I have to think we are looking at QB, CB, then T.  I am guessing that they will take a look at Scott/Erving for a year because they feel as if they have upgraded LG.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think I've got a pretty good idea where they're going to be tomorrow.

Wonder how many Jets reps will be in attendance?  If there are a lot of coaches, you have to wonder if they are comparing him to Darnold.