• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“If we’re gonna do something at the trade deadline, maybe one of the chips is one of our goalies. I can’t say which one.”

Harbingers

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd love to keep him. But....eventually we are gonna struggle to pay all these guys. 

Yep, letting him move on would be a huge boon to keeping the rest of the folks. It also depends on what happens with the expansion draft. Since we aren’t doing a deal before the end of the season Seattle could end up offering him what he wants or more since they get a window to negotiate with free agents before the draft we don’t. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Harbingers said:

Yep, letting him move on would be a huge boon to keeping the rest of the folks. It also depends on what happens with the expansion draft. Since we aren’t doing a deal before the end of the season Seattle could end up offering him what he wants or more since they get a window to negotiate with free agents before the draft we don’t. 

I am so nervous about the expansion draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I really hope they give Ned the start vs. TB Tomorrow... but throwing Mrazek back in there if he’s ready may be a much needed curve ball/focus tool for us. 

I would not throw Petr back out against the #1 team in the league after 2 months off.

I'd let Ned have one (or both) of the Tampa games to test his mettle, and ease Mraz back in against CHI or DAL.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Me too. Both Tro and Nino could be open(I mean if not it’s Svech and one of them since Necas isn’t eligible at all and doesn’t count against our protected number), Foegele for sure. Thats not exactly the best case scenario any way you look at it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I would not throw Petr back out against the #1 team in the league after 2 months off.

I'd let Ned have one (or both) of the Tampa games to test his mettle, and ease Mraz back in against CHI or DAL.

I don't know if I would pick Chicago we actually allow the most goals against them by a wide margin. Tampa we actually allow the second least goals against. 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I wouldn’t either but since it’s only one game at home and Rod thinking it would boost our play up front you never know. But ya if not give Ned the start. But I feel like Rod would give the start to Reimer otherwise. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

If you had the choice, would you take a D with offensive mindset or a sandpaper & physical game?

I'm of the opinion you get the latter of the 2 for less money, the Canes will be fine without his offense and they need a physical presence on the blue line.

Very true either way we got a huge chunk of contracts coming up. The irreplacibles more so next offseason but still. If he really wants to stay I’d hope he’d settle for 7 with a no trade clause. If that’s even possible. I think we can work with that. Anything north of 7.5 though shouldn’t even be considered. 

• Pie 1

https://www.nhl.com/news/carolina-hurricanes-gm-team-could-trade-goalie-to-add-help-on-defense/c-322940856

"If the Hurricanes do trade one of their goalies, it could be for a right-shot defenseman.

"We like our defense, but you know, after you get through our first two sets of pairs, we've got three lefties there," Waddell said. "They all play well, but they all would be better on their natural side. They're all left-hands who would be better on the left side. … So if we could add a right-hand-shot defenseman to complement them, I think that would be good.""

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1