• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers trading up to number 3 with Miami!

joemac

3 minutes ago, WaterBoy said:

They aren't even at his pro day. 

• Jags: OC Darrell Bevell
  • Jets: GM Joe Douglas, HC Robert Saleh, OC Mike LaFleur
  • Falcons: GM Terry Fontenot, HC Arthur Smith, OC Dave Ragone
  • Eagles: OC Shane Steichen, QBs coach Brian Johnson
  • Lions: GM Brad Holmes, HC Dan Campbell
  • Panthers: GM Scott Fitterer, OC Joe Brady
  • Broncos: GM George Paton, QBs coach Mike Shula

It’s basically Lance or Fields I think. With the other going at 4. 

I don't understand all the existential dread on this topic...  absolutely zero of these QB's have proven they will be dominant in the NFL, let alone become an established starter...

Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, RG3, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Mitch Trebisky, Sam Darnold, Sam Rosen (remember him), etc, etc, etc, etc... the list never ever ends of top-drafted QB's that either flame out entirely or at least with their drafted team.

Honestly, even if we draft a QB high, Teddy is/was almost assuredly going to be our starter going into the season and potentially for all of it.

We were all set to go all-in on Watson... thank God we didn't trade for him and then have all this crap happen.

I love the Panthers, but all the stars would have to align for us to overtake Tampa this year, even had we gotten Watson.

We are not 1 player away... of course every team wants to find their franchise guy... but that doesn't happen more often than it does...

Everyone wants better QB play, but short-circuiting a team that is being built the right way to do so isn't going to help us in the long-term.

Statistics tell us it is an almost certainty that at least 2 of the top 4 QB's (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance) are going to be massive disappointments.

I understand you have to take a chance to get one of these young QB's, but there is no guarantee this is going to work out for the Niners... 

But it's much easier to make the case that they should make that risk versus the Panthers since they really are arguably one player away

• Pie 6
  • Poo 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Lance would thrive in SF

I agree. I have no idea how guys in the draft will turn out but I would not be surprised to see people's basement mock drafts all turned to rubbish come draft day. It happens every year and still people will call you dumb for making a bold draft prediction or say a guy is a "lock" to go anywhere

• Pie 1