• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers trading up to number 3 with Miami!

joemac

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

If we stick with Teddy I wont watch this year.

If we draft Mac Jones I'm done with them for good. ENough is enough.

I get it bro, but really, the way things are moving and playing out...Unless a miracle happens. You're looking at Teddy being QB1. There's nothing else they can do. 

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

I wasn't aware that you could only get a quarterback in the 2021 draft or you are screwed for eternity. Oh well.

These guys just aren't worth it dude, no clue why everyone is overreacting

Much better players available at 8 than QB, especially if QB's are all taken 1-4

Where in my quoted statement do I mention eternity or anything other than a reference to this draft? These straw man arguments are absurd.

Feel free to disagree with what I write. You should not feel free to criticize me for something I did not write, imply, express...

49ers acquired the No. 3 overall pick in the 2021 draft from the Dolphins in exchange for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick, and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023.

The deal ensures San Francisco surrounds a quarterback for the entirety of his rookie contract with LT Trent Williams, George Kittle, and receivers Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel, not to mention the luxury of working with Kyle Shanahan in that time. Whether it's Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance that GM John Lynch distinctly made this blockbuster move for remains to be seen. It also entails the end of Jimmy Garoppolo in the Bay Area as he's due $26.4 million in 2021 and a total of $53.4 million over the next two seasons. The Dolphins in turn now hold the No. 12, 18, 36, and 50 overall picks in this year's draft.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No poo, but culture is important. We’ve built a legacy of 1-7, 0-8 and 2-9 finished. Why would we have wanted to mess with that culture and do an honest to good rebuild in 2020?

This trade sucks balls and really fugs us. I don’t care how good a LB or TE we can get at 8. Teddy’s terrible.

this board is so enamored with the draft that people don't condone doing what it takes to win because they can't stand the idea of going through draft season without posting their awful "draft analysis" or "my personal mock" that nobody cares about

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Ivan The Awesome said:

I get it bro, but really, the way things are moving and playing out...Unless a miracle happens. You're looking at Teddy being QB1. There's nothing else they can do. 

I made peace with Teddy being here another year. Doesn't mean I'm gonna watch because watching Teddy play football is like watching paint dry. I think they were going all in on Watson (and probably would have got him) and then the shitstorm happened. Can't really blame them for that. However I CAN blame them if they get desperate for "the guy" and overdraft Mac Jones at 8.

7 minutes ago, Growl said:

There are always teams willing to make this kind for the most important position in sports

the play it safeism this board is so obsessed with just isn't going to win a super bowl anymore

do you want to win super bowls or pretend to be a draftnik on the huddle 

I want to win a Super Bowl, but unfortunately I do not play for the Panthers so I guess Huddle draftnik it is?

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Instead of giving up years worth of picks this year with the Swiss cheese of the team we got right now. Stock up on CB and OL with a WR and Parsons for good merit. Improve every area then cut bait with teddy next season and pick up Howell.

Trading the moon in picks this season people like you. Just don’t get it. 

This team will more than likely not be bad enough to get a Howell or the OK QB next draft. You’d have to “trade the moon” next offseason to move up.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The Panthers squandered an opportunity for a top 3 pick the last two years in what ended up being losing seasons so this is what you get. Sitting around plotting on next years top pick is for fools. You cannot play it safe on your way to a SB win anymore. If you are risk averse you will be a couch surfing team come January and February more often than not so accept this and evolve or try a new sport.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Growl said:

this board is so enamored with the draft that people don't condone doing what it takes to win because they can't stand the idea of going through draft season without posting their awful "draft analysis" or "my personal mock" that nobody cares about

Ppl here are legit scared to project players as good (why would you draft anyone without high hopes for them) and get pissed when you discuss trading away picks for a franchise QB. It's pretty weird.