• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is a possibility.

1. QB Lawrence

2. QB Wilson

3. QB Lance/Fields. Depends on the 49ers tastes and what Shanahan wants. This means the QB that's left will be picked by the Panthers *Possibly*. 

4. Falcons aren't gonna get a QB, they have one and need help in other spots.

5. Bengals have A QB as well, more than likely a player to protect their Franchise QB.

6. Dolphins are committed to Tua. Probably eyeing weapon for Tua.

7. Lions, they have Goff, they aren't getting a QB. Not sure of their needs.

8. QB...Who ever was not picked by the 49ers So you're looking at Lance/Fields. I believe it will be Fields. 

Another possibility would be that the Falcons could trade out, not to us obviously to a team that needs a QB. I'm looking at the Broncos. here. I think they stay put and get a player, unless it's a really good trade. Dolphins are not moving out of that. Bengals are not going to move from there either because they need a Tackle and more than likely will get the top tackle. The Lions need weapons for Goff as well, Galloway and Marvin Jones left. SO really they have nothing. 

So my prediction, Panthers get lucky and get Either Lance or Fields. 

*speculation to the max, I know, but it is a possibility.*

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Ha was about to make a very similar thread.

I can see:

1. JAX: Lawrence QB

2. NYJ: Wilson QB

3. SF: Lance QB

4. ATL (or trade up): Jones QB

5. CIN: Sewell/Slater OT (orrrr) CAR trade-up: Fields QB

6. MIA: Chase WR

7. DET: Sewell/Slater

8. CAR: Fields QB

• Pie 1

Just now, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I actually commend the 9ers for showing the balls to put them in a position to draft a QB. They now don’t have to worry about luck. 

But they're a QB away from SB contenders. Carolina isn't in that position. We need draft picks along with a QB. How would the Panthers solve their problems on defense and the o-line without a 1st rd pick for the next 2 years?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Madwolf said:

But they're a QB away from SB contenders. Carolina isn't in that position. We need draft picks along with a QB. How would the Panthers solve their problems on defense and the o-line without a 1st rd pick for the next 2 years?

I understand this assessment. But this was a rare offseason where there are potentially 4 franchise QBs in the draft. We were already willing to mortgage draft capital for Watson. Now we are going to surround Teddy with even more talent, likely win more games next year, and still not be in a position to draft a franchise QB. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CPsinceDay1 said:

Fields is not dropping that far, Lance is now in jeopardy of being gone depending on what the lions do, not sure they sold on Goff 

I believe he can, the only concerns are th 4th pick that is ATL's. Every one else after that has some really really dire needs at key positions that have the chance to get the pick of the litter so to speak, and I don't believe they will actually be willing to move from there unless the QB desperate team throws something they simply can't reject. Honestly, If ATL doesn't move and picks something other than a QB. I'd want Fit to call the Bengals immediately and secure the bag, moving up 3 spots shouldn't break the draft bank and that would secure either Fields or Lance, whomever the 49ers don't pick essentially. 

If they get Lance or Fields then T.B. will be under center this year. No way either of those guys will be ready to take over. And why get a rookies ass smashed with the Oline they will be trotting out in 2021. Better send T.B a box of chocolates and make nice.

17 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I understand this assessment. But this was a rare offseason where there are potentially 4 franchise QBs in the draft. We were already willing to mortgage draft capital for Watson. Now we are going to surround Teddy with even more talent, likely win more games next year, and still not be in a position to draft a franchise QB. 

The 49ers are with their roster, and they're a QB away. You never know.

Honestly I'm not so sure there are 4 franchise QBs in this draft. It's pretty rare to begin with and Fields and Lance have a lot of red flags to me.

I think you're seeing values inflated because so many teams need a QB, and the media sells it because QBs turn on tv sets for the draft.

Carolina cannot get suckered in this draft and end up trading up for a bad QB and lose tons of draft picks.

Everyone hates Teddy, but how would we like to have Teddy 2.0 the next 2 years and no ability to address QB or our other major holes?

You can do good things with guys like Goff with a good team, but you're abysmal with them and a bad team.

Waiting and being patient can suck, but Super Bowle are forever.