• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers just traded to possibly get....Mac Jones

WarPanthers89

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Apparently Rhule doesn’t know what he wants 

maybe he will get lucky but it just seems the Panthers can’t have nice things 

go big or go home   If they think Wilson us all that and a bag of chips, then trade up and get him   If not, just live with the QB they just had to have last year 

So you are OK giving up #1s the next 2 years for a QB?

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Apparently Rhule doesn’t know what he wants 

maybe he will get lucky but it just seems the Panthers can’t have nice things 

go big or go home   If they think Wilson us all that and a bag of chips, then trade up and get him   If not, just live with the QB they just had to have last year 

I'm blaming Ron/Hurney here more than I am Rhule. We had a generational QB and for eight years failed to properly build around him. We deserve QB purgatory imo.

I said that we didn't have to worry about the Falcons, Eagles or Lions taking a QB to the worry warts.  I also said the teams we did have to worry about were the QB needy teams behind us.  I ALSO said the team the worried me the most to leapfrog us was the 49ers.

I should play the lottery.

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I said that we didn't have to worry about the Falcons, Eagles or Lions taking a QB to the worry warts.  I also said the teams we did have to worry about were the QB needy teams behind us.  I ALSO said the team the worried me the most to leapfrog us was the 49ers.

I should play the lottery.

Not really I think everyone knew that actually 

Daniel Jeremiah thinks that  the 49ers could be looking to take Trey Lance. He speculated that simce they traded before Zach Wilson’s pro day and after Trey Lances they may already be sold on a him.

However, Mac Jones has had his pro day already too so I guess that it is still possible...

Jones likely would have been there at #12.  You don't jump up to #3 for Mac Jones. Crossing my fingers that the 49ers have been snookered by all these mocks saying the Panthers were moving up for Fields and it is in fact Fields they are after.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

Hello Panthers fans. I am a 49ers fan and just came here to say this: I want Mac Jones to be the pick at 3. I have spent months watching game tape on all the prospects in this draft and came away with this ranking: 

1. Zach Wilson: my only concerns with him are injury related. Think Aaron Rodgers/Mahomes

2. Mac Jones (more on him later): Think more mobile Tom Brady/Dan Marino. His floor is Matt Ryan imo. 

3. Trevor Lawrence: most overrated prospect in draft in recent memory - he is no Peyton manning or Andrew luck. Ran a read option/spread offense in college and missed a lot of throws and especially is not consistent with deep throw accuracy. Still the #3 prospect on my board. 

4. Justin Fields: high potential, but right now he cannot go through his progressions consistently, holds on to the ball too long and has a very slow throwing motion. Needs years of development. Think boom/bust

5. Trey Lance: highest potential out of anybody in this draft. Also highest risk. After watching his tape, he ran the ball a lot more than he threw it some games. Even if the run was getting stopped. You have to wonder why NDSU didn't rely on his arm more. Accuracy issues at times. His throwing mechanics are better than Fields right now. I had a hard time on whether to put lance above fields, but went with the #2 prospect coming out of high school in fields over lance. And also fields played vs more competition. 

Now on to Mac Jones 

I have been evaluating qbs coming into the draft for a decade now, and I have never seen a better qb from a pure throwing perspective, reading defenses, going through progressions, pocket presence than Mac Jones. If I had the #1 pick I would have a hard time with picking between zach wilson and mac jones. Mac is more athletic than you would think. He clocked in a 4.72 official time at his pro day. Not to mention sources have stated he is the smartest football player to ever play for Nick Saban. He was teaching Bill o Brien (new OC) the offense Alabama ran. When I watch his tape, I cant help myself but think Tom Brady or Joe Montana. He is that good. I urge you guys to watch his game tape vs SEC teams. Remember what NFL "analysts" thought of Tom Brady coming out. They laughed at his shirtless pic. They laughed at his 40. And now hes the goat. Im seeing another Tom Brady

This is the pick that every 49er fan will hate when it is made, because fans judge talent off of highlight youtube mix tapes, but I firmly believe it will be the best pick John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan make in their 49ers tenure 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1