• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers just traded to possibly get....Mac Jones

WarPanthers89

1 minute ago, LobsAllDay said:

you say that when a 43 year old tom brady just won the sb. 

people act like every mobile qb is the second coming of mahomes or watson. Those are once in a generation type players. Trey Lance and fields are no where close to those two coming out. 

Yes with 2 top 10 WR'S and Antione Brown, A hoF TE a top 5 Oline, and top 5 defense... If you can build that well I guess you got a chance.. If he's the greatest Competitor ever as well... But please stop acting like Tom Brady is easy to repeat...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Just a question...

Are all average arm no athleticism QBS going to be the next Tom Brady from now on????

as long as they're white...

but ya know, Brady wasn't Brady until a few seasons in, so there's still time for Kyle Allen!

10 minutes ago, LobsAllDay said:

you say that when a 43 year old tom brady just won the sb. 

people act like every mobile qb is the second coming of mahomes or watson. Those are once in a generation type players. Trey Lance and fields are no where close to those two coming out. 

And Tom Brady isn't once in a generation???

Omg!!

Just now, LobsAllDay said:

Thank you for proving my point. McShay...lol. 

And comparing one small part of Jones game, like he did, is not the same as you calling him a mobile version of two of the best QBs ever. The difference is what happened once they decided to throw the ball. One guy had a great arm and the fastest release in NFL history. The other underthrows deep balls on a consistent basis. But you should be ecstatic. Your team just traded the farm for him. You got your man. Congrats. 

25 minutes ago, LobsAllDay said:

49ers owner is john lynch. not arthur blank..

Welcome to the conversation. You might want to start off by reading my initial post where I asked why someone in the know said the falcons were drafting Justin fields at 4 in this scenario where Jones goes off the board at 3. I asked this because they just restructured Ryan in a way that seemingly ties him to be the starter for the next 2 years.

The guy that answered (who wasn’t who i was hoping would answer the question) suggested that it’s because  Arthur Blank “has balls”. I have no doubt this guy thinks  having truck nuts hanging from his trailer hitch from his F-150 is clever in 2021 but was curious to hear his take on why Arthur Blank who kept Dan Quinn two years too long is Don Corleone.

Good luck with Mac Jones and Kyle “I should probably run the ball a time or two in the 4th quarter of a super bowl that I have a big lead in” Shanahan.

Edited by X-Clown

I'm a person who wouldn't mind Mac Jones at 7, and while I think if there's a guy you like get him

I cannot believe they traded up to 3 for Mac Jones.

That said I think Mac Jones compares favorably to Matt Ryan so I think this is just the type of QB Shanny likes.

Shout outs to the Dolphins though turned their LT into 4 first round picks.

Now it's possible the 49ers really do love Mac Jones and still possible he turns into a great qb, especially on a loaded 49ers team. But it's hard to think SF decided they needed to move up to 3 to get him especially after Miami proceeds to trade that very pick to Philly to move up to 6 where Mac would almost certainly still be available and not have to lose that 2023 1st.

Moving up to 3 for Fields or even Lance on paper makes a lot more sense because neither is guaranteed to be there at 6. But teams do strange things all the time. Sounds like them drafting Jones is mostly educated conjecture so I'm not hanging my hat on it either way.