• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Wilson states his case with impressive pro day

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

This dude was in our pocket. In our freaking pocket until we decided we needed to try out Teddy. We set out team back so much because we kept Marty one year too long. Before anyone wants to let him off the hook, he’s the one who reached for a tackle in a deep IOL draft the year before a stud tackle draft. Everyone knew 2021 draft was headlined by Fields and Lawrence without even considering other QBs like Lance who had a great 2019 too.

It just hits you in the nut sack seeing this and realizing that a team couldn’t stop us with a QB with that arm and Moore, Anderson and Samuel (easily kept without wasting cap) running wild and CMC sitting in the flat.

FU Marty, you fuged us again.

Not like Teddy won us many/ any games.  Complain about the coaching if you want.  Hell, it feels like Teddy lost us half a dozen games last year because he couldn't get it done.. I don't think we were beating the Jets or Jags out for #1.

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

This dude was in our pocket. In our freaking pocket until we decided we needed to try out Teddy. We set out team back so much because we kept Marty one year too long. Before anyone wants to let him off the hook, he’s the one who reached for a tackle in a deep IOL draft the year before a stud tackle draft. Everyone knew 2021 draft was headlined by Fields and Lawrence without even considering other QBs like Lance who had a great 2019 too.

It just hits you in the nut sack seeing this and realizing that a team couldn’t stop us with a QB with that arm and Moore, Anderson and Samuel (easily kept without wasting cap) running wild and CMC sitting in the flat.

FU Marty, you fuged us again.

Mentioned in another thread that there are legitimate NFL analysts now looking at the Eagles and going "oh, I see what you did there".

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Not like Teddy won us many/ any games.  Complain about the coaching if you want.  Hell, it feels like Teddy lost us half a dozen games last year because he couldn't get it done.. I don't think we were beating the Jets or Jags out for #1.

Two words: Will Grier

Will Grier gets us to 4 wins max. That was my plan. Don’t waste money on Teddy, use Clausen to get us Cam, er Weinke to get us Peppers, er I mean Grier to get us pick 1 or 2.

• Pie 2
2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mentioned in another thread that there are legitimate NFL analysts now looking at the Eagles and going "oh, I see what you did there".

Yep. Eagles literally got themselves a free 2022 first. We on the other hand are getting either bent over trading up or we come out of 2021’s off season with the same stench of a mediocre QB.

That said the Eagles were terrible about it. If you want to tank set it up before the game. Say you are playing rookies to get them experience and say Hurts has a pulled whammy and you don’t want to risk injuring it further.

Edited by stbugs
Just now, stbugs said:

Two words: Will Grier

Will Grier gets us to 4 wins max. That was my plan. Don’t waste money on Teddy, use Clausen to get us Cam, er Weinke to get us Peppers, er I mean Grier to get us pick 1 or 2.

How was Wilson on our pocket in this scenario?  4 wins doesn't get us 1 or 2...

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

How was Wilson on our pocket in this scenario?  4 wins doesn't get us 1 or 2...

Sorry, you are right, 4 got us pick 3. I just meant Will Grier doesn’t get us more than 2 wins. I don’t know if you remember his starts at the end of 2019. He was honestly as bad as I have seen. I also don’t sign any FAs and I would have released Davis. That was the full plan and I think pick 1 or 2 was easy. We win the tiebreaker with both the Jets and Jags.

I’m just upset seeing the trade and knowing we pissed away a great chance to be right where we wanted in 2022 flush with a real QB, tons of young prospects (a 3rd, 4th and a 5th/6th or two 6ths in comp picks in this draft) and tons of cap.

Edited by stbugs
  • Pie 2
1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Sorry, you are right, 4 got us pick 3. I just meant Will Grier doesn’t get us more than 2 wins. I don’t know if you remember his starts at the end of 2019. He was honestly as bad as I have seen. I also don’t sign any FAs and I would have released Davis. That was the full plan and I think pick 1 or 2 was easy. We win the tiebreaker with both the Jets and Jags.

Its not easy to convince a coach to go into a season with someone incapable of playing the position as a starter, honestly. I wish they'd kept Kyle Allen and added some meh veteran backup and run with that instead, but I don't think its realistic to ask a new coach to intend to play Grier.

7 minutes ago, Yaboychris28 said:

I live in LV, but currently have a layover in SLC in rout to Charlotte. Joe Brady and our new GM happen to be on my plane.. (Cool story bro) 

Tell them to get their poo together and get us a QB.

• Pie 2

Still not sold on the kid has Jimmy Clausen vibes.. he sucked in big school games and didn’t impress me against coastal Carolina..say we ride the wave!! Too much desperation for a qb!! Get BPA 

Edited by DamnItJake!
  • Pie 1