• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers’ future won’t go well

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

And that one almost won a Super Bowl for them if they would’ve just run the football. 

Teddy made it to the conference champship game twice with the 5-0 record on one of them, plus he will be cut right after final week. Jimmy was along for the ride and not the reason too. 2 years 40, not 3 years 63. 

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

Like I said, Jimmy G almost won a SB if they would’ve just run the football. 

If they didn’t use him they could have won? That makes him good?

3 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

It is the first season to have both a coach and GM that we could trust. But like I said, we have a GM that has to answer to the coach. 

That's not really true.

Rhule has final roster say, but it's not quite accurate to say he's Fitterer's boss.

Just now, Trainwreck said:

So you’re saying Rhule wanted to trade down but Hurney wanted Brown? I’m pretty sure you’re wrong. 

I honestly thought that it was common knowledge at this point. 

But carry on

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's not really true.

Rhule has final roster say, but it's not quite accurate to say he's Fitterer's boss.

I don’t work for the Panthers or have any inside sources but looking at it, I think it’s more true than you think. I would say that was a big reason why Adam Peters didn’t get the job. I think it was being discussed on here during the time of the hiring process. 

• Poo 1
19 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

David Tepper is a terrible owner. No more defending this guy. All talk and no walk. I hate it when Panthers fans want to throw the blame at others but not the man himself. Tepper decided that it would be smart to keep Marty Hurney when we all knew he should’ve been gone. Keeping Hurney has taken this rebuilding process a year back. Whether if it was Fitterer or some other GM, they would’ve never let Rhule and Brady go get Teddy Bridgwater. Matt Rhule was given a ridiculous 6 yr contract by Tepper. A college coach who has never won anything but was known as a guy who could transform a program. It appears that Rhule thinks he is still coaching at Baylor or Temple. Clearly neglecting the QB position and making moves for guys that used to play for him. It has been reported that Hurney wanted to take Justin Herbert. Once Herbert was gone, Hurney wanted to trade down but Rhule wanted Derrick Brown. If we had just made the move for Tua or Herbert last year, we wouldn’t have this problem today. Now, Tepper wanted to put all of his chips in Deshaun Watson this offseason. It’s went to complete disaster and now the 49ers have moved up in the draft before us to take a QB. The quarterback position is the most important of all in football. Rhule fails to figure that out. We have been stuck with mediocrity at that position forever until this franchise took a kid from Auburn with the #1 overall pick. Cam Newton changed everything for this franchise.  

The state of this franchise won’t get any better anytime soon. It’ll most likely turn to dust if I was a betting man. Tepper should’ve hired a GM before Rhule. We now have a GM (Fitterer) that has to answer to the head coach because Rhule handpicked him for that job title. Adam Peters from SF should’ve been the GM but he wasn’t going to be a “yes sir” guy to Rhule. 

What a Trainwreck!