• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to be Talking to the Jets..

WOW!!

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Seriously some of you need to take a second and see some of the throws he was making in that shitty offense on that shitty team...  He was making some plays constantly on the move. 

I have no problem with Darnold. I don’t believe he can ever be elite, but in the right system he can be very good. If we could get him for a 3rd then I would absolutely be on board.

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I have no problem with Darnold. I don’t believe he can ever be elite, but in the right system he can be very good. If we could get him for a 3rd then I would absolutely be on board.

I'm not even ready to make that statement.. I don't know what he can be in a better system... He has some elite talent that you can work with..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I'm not even ready to make that statement.. I don't know what he can be in a better system... He has some elite talent that you can work with..

I think he was underused with the Jets. I think he can be pretty damn good if he had a legit staff and talent around him. I’ll be honest, even as a Jet he has impressed me considering what he’s had to work with and the staff that’s been running them. 

Excluding Matt Ryan’s best two seasons, you could take what he’s been throughout his career and I could see Darnold on par with that.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I think he was underused with the Jets. I think he can be pretty damn good if he had a legit staff and talent around him. I’ll be honest, even as a Jet he has impressed me considering what he’s had to work with and the staff that’s been running them. 

Excluding Matt Ryan’s best two seasons, you could take what he’s been throughout his career and I could see Darnold on par with that.

I know alot of ppl here will poo on the thought.. But dude has top 5 pick skills and I don't think he is broken yet..

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I know alot of ppl here will poo on the thought.. But dude has top 5 pick skills and I don't think he is broken yet..

Considering some people here were wanting to give up 3+ first round picks for Wilson, I would MUCH rather give up a 3rd for a guy who was just as highly rated coming into the draft a few years ago 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 3

11 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I'd trade a 3rd for him and not blink. He has experience on a very poorly coached team. There's only so much you can do when the system around you is hot garbage. The jets also had no running game to speak of. He's worth the risk and at the least is still better than Walker or Grier. 

My move would be to offer this years 3rd and maybe a 5th next. We can still get premium oline talent in 1, a safety in 2, iol in 4 and 5, WR, RB and a DT in 6. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'd trade a 3rd for him and not blink. He has experience on a very poorly coached team. There's only so much you can do when the system around you is hot garbage. The jets also had no running game to speak of. He's worth the risk and at the least is still better than Walker or Grier. 

My move would be to offer this years 3rd and maybe a 5th next. We can still get premium oline talent in 1, a safety in 2, iol in 4 and 5, WR, RB and a DT in 6. 

Completely agree. I would be very happy with this move

I agree with most of you. I say trade for Darnold (or even Minshew) keep the 8 and get a LT. We can use the rest of our picks on a lot of holes we still have. Nobody is going to take Teddy for his price. Who would take a QB that we are trading because he sucks and a 20m+ cap hit? Nobody. Let Darnold/Minshew battle it out with Teddy. There is bound to be plenty of QB drama available in FA and the draft next year. Then we get to cut Teddy and if the new guy works we spend that capital elsewhere, if not we go all in on a QB and have less holes on the team.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Even with a good QB this team might be .500. Not enough elite talent to compete with the good teams. I’m down for them to trade down in the first and accumulate picks. Build the roster up. Draft a rookie QB in the later rounds and maybe it works out Russell Wilson style. If not, draft a QB next season. 

This team is definitely nor just a QB away from being where we want them to be. 

I'm all for them adding as much talent as possible and moving forward as every team must try every year.