• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don"t Expect Carolina to Trade Up for a QB.

chknwing

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

right? TB might be trash but lets see what happens when you have an elite LT.

If they do that I would be fine with them drafting mond or the dude from Stanford just to see.  But holy hell if you have the chance to get slater at 8 and then another top line prospect in the 2nd you have to do it.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If they do that I would be fine with them drafting mond or the dude from Stanford just to see.  But holy hell if you have the chance to get slater at 8 and then another top line prospect in the 2nd you have to do it.   

But, but, but we only need a franchise QB.  If we have a franchise QB, we don't need no stinking OL.  A franchise QB will win us a Super Bowl.  You just don't get it.

Or so says the same people who agree that we failed to give Cam any help or an OL that could protect an Abrams Tank, save for 2015 that just sort of happened on accident.

Having an OL that can protect a QB for more than 2.5 seconds would be a novelty for us. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Good.

The team "retooled" last year instead of flat out rebuilding, which ultimately set us back a year imo (especially when taking into consideration the limitations that were in place due to the pandemic). I can't tell if the idea that the team is a QB away from success is optimistic thinking or ignorance on display.

If there are 4 - 5 QBs taken before the Panthers pick, that means the team gets a shot at a top LT, TE, or CB and another starter in the 2nd. I'm very happy with being able to come away with a QB, Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, Kyle Pitts, Patrick Surtain II, or Caleb Farley.

There's a lot of really, really talented prospects in rounds 2 + 3, with round 4 being an opportunity to get somebody that slid. I wouldn't mind seeing Fitterer jump back into the first with our 2nd round pick to lock down another bonus year for a rookie contract, but I would really like to see if he can trade back at all and pick up an extra day 2 pick.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

Good.

The team "retooled" last year instead of flat out rebuilding, which ultimately set us back a year imo (especially when taking into consideration the limitations that were in place due to the pandemic). I can't tell if the idea that the team is a QB away from success is optimistic thinking or ignorance on display.

If there are 4 - 5 QBs taken before the Panthers pick, that means the team gets a shot at a top LT, TE, or CB and another starter in the 2nd. I'm very happy with being able to come away with a QB, Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, Kyle Pitts, Patrick Surtain II, or Caleb Farley.

There's a lot of really, really talented prospects in rounds 2 + 3, with round 4 being an opportunity to get somebody that slid. I wouldn't mind seeing Fitterer jump back into the first with our 2nd round pick to lock down another bonus year for a rookie contract, but I would really like to see if he can trade back at all and pick up an extra day 2 pick.

It refreshing to see someone here with a cerebral vs emotional chaos contribution. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

How are you two actually jerking each other off by being so level-headed and above the fray of having an opinion.

You both have consistently posted wrong, or straight dumbass opinions over the years, and have laughed at people that nailed the reality of the Panthers, and have made calls as to what would play out last season and this off-season.

• Poo 4

Anyone out there who looks at the current Panthers salary cap commitments and lack of clear path to the next viable franchise quarterback and thinks to themselves that looks good is not living in reality. This franchise invested 170 million dollars in three players over the last two seasons two of which are increasingly expendable positions while we have been entirely passed by the teams within our division even the lowly Falcons. There is no path to postseason contention when you win one divisional matchup. None of that screams rebuild or retooling especially when you restructure two of those contracts before the ink is barely dry a year later. Trading away multiple first round picks was a dream scenario for the most part but making a bold acquisition for an actual franchise quarterback has been the only rationale left to explain the moves we have made which are the opposite of a rebuild. If we can build a real offensive line I would feel better about this but we seem to be heading in the same direction as previous years if we plan on ignoring trends within the rest of the league by successful teams like an rn by committee approach and not riding one rb like a rented mule and celebrating all purpose yards when your team gets their poo pushed in by the rest of the division because you are one dimensional.