• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Wolford

Smithers

I know...another QB thread.  Wolford looked competent in his limited playing time with the Rams, and it was clear McVay liked his skill set over Goffs.  He’s mobile and the players liked his leadership.  Would you be opposed to giving up a mid round pick for him?  

If a 6th is a mid-round pick. 

Honestly, I'd rather have Minshew or Darnold for a mid-round pick if we could swing it. Not sure that we could for Darnold, but we should be able to get better value for Minshew. Wofford hasn't done enough to warrant a mid-rounder (or enough to really warrant consideration at all IMO).

Edited by top dawg

6 minutes ago, pdub0702 said:

Minshew would be an interesting pick up and a 6th for Wolford wouldn't hurt. Either way, we can't roll with Teddy going into training camp.

People keep saying that we can't roll with Teddy, but that's easy. When you start looking at the real world practicality of it, then you realize that the likes of a Wofford or even a Minshew aren't guaranteed to beat Teddy out in a competition to lead the team. I'd think Minshew would have a realistic chance to do it, but I wouldn't bet on Wofford...at all, or some other guys that have been mentioned.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

People keep saying that we can't roll with Teddy, but that's easy. When you start looking at the real world practicality of it, then you realize that the likes of a Wofford or even a Minshew aren't guaranteed to beat Teddy out in a competition to lead the team. I'd think Minshew would have a realistic chance to do it, but I wouldn't bet on Wofford...at all, or some other guys that have been mentioned.

I get it. But I think at this point, we know what we have with Teddy. The appeal of bringing in a Mishew/Wolford type..we are betting on ourselves that our coaching staff can get more out of them. Teddy worked for N.O..but for reason's unknown, hasn't worked out for us. Either way, Teddy's limitations were apparent and its the future of the franchise. especially with our WR core. I suppose we have the same problem as at least half of the NFL (seeking a long term QB). As far as Wolford goes...I just want anyone that can at least throw the ball deep, or attempt to.