• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

17 Game Season on the way!!! What y’all think?

BurnNChinn

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

An extra intra-conference match up.  We would play the Texans this year.  Then the schedule rotates divisions.  I think the team is determined by the same place finish.  The Texans and Panthers finished 3rd in their respective divisions.

FYI, this sets up perfectly for an 18 game season down the road.  It would be one more intra-conference team being from the only division not on the schedule, just finished playing or scheduled to play the following season.  So If that were the case, the Panthers 18th opponent would be the same place finishing team from the AFC North.  We just played the AFC West, our 17th game is versus the AFC South and are playing the AFC East this year.

In case you were wondering, that 18th team would have been Cleveland.  We will enjoy our one extra game for now. 😄

Edited by 45catfan

I don't like it, but that's because I've got a boomer mentality when it comes to number of games and how it impacts records, etc.  To me 16 has always seemed perfect.  I do wonder if this will make it slightly easier to get a ticket to a game in a season with 9 homes games vs 8.  And with an added game, it gives Teddy an outside of chance of getting to 16 TD passes in a season.

On the other hand I love the new playoff format adding a team and only giving 1 team a bye week.

Edited by Wes21