• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

17 Game Season on the way!!! What y’all think?

BurnNChinn

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

At some point you have to produce more for more pay, period.  You are such a condescending cuss, but undoubtedly you take pride in it, el-oh-el. No wonder with that avatar.

Ah... The "my logic has failed so now I'll resort to insults based on failed logic" approach. LOL indeed.

The revenue IS the production per the CBA. The production has increased. This concept is proving exceedingly difficult for someone who supposedly didn't need a lecture on the CBA.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

Starters only play a half or three quarters  of a preseason game. I doubt that will change.

The 4th preseason game key starters don't even see the field.  I mean the see it, but only from the sidelines.  Agreed that the other three preseason games will be approached the same as they traditional have been with the 3rd one being the "dress rehearsal".  That 4th game was such a snoozer anyhow.  I would always sell those tickets if it was at home.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ah... The "my logic has failed so now I'll resort to insults based on failed logic" approach. LOL indeed.

The revenue IS the production per the CBA. The production has increased. This concept is proving exceedingly difficult for someone who supposedly didn't need a lecture on the CBA.

You took this long to come up with that gem.  El-oh-el!

You are arguing against yourself here.  At some point the League was going to extend the season to get more out of the players with fatter contracts.  It's pointless for the players to whine about it.  Give it a few years and 18 games will be on the way.

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You took this long to come up with that gem.  El-oh-el!

You are arguing against yourself here.  At some point the League was going to extend the season to get more out of the players with fatter contracts.  It's pointless for the players to whine about it.  Give it a few years and 18 games will be on the way.

This is going to lead to increased revenue which will in turn lead to increased cap and... you guessed to! Bigger contracts. This is intro to Econ 101 stuff.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is going to lead to increased revenue which will in turn lead to increased cap and... you guessed to! Bigger contracts. This is intro to Econ 101 stuff.

Yes, I aced both of my Econ classes, so I know.  What you can't see forest for the trees.  Bosses typically expect more production for more pay.  You know, basic Econ stuff.  Yes, 17 games is going to led to bigger contracts, but guess what, they have to play that extra game to get it.  Crazy, right?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Evidently you do. That same workload has been driving revenue growth. 

It's really odd how many fans side with the billionaires. How have you been convinced that you're in the good old boys club? LOL!

That's in life, not just football. Just sayin'.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kamara isn't alone. Most players hate the idea.

Hell, I hate the idea too.

They shortened the preseason. You don't think that's a good trade-off. They were probably useless anyway, granted we'll never know how much. I guess some fringe players might be affected, but how many times do they end up playing, much less effecting the game, anyway? 

I don't have it in my heart to really care what the players think.  Find a different occupation if you don't like the NFL.

However, as a fan, I'm concerned.  We already see instances nearly every year where end of season games don't mean anything and starters are rested.  With more games, I can see even more instances of "Oh, this game doesn't matter, send in the scrubs"

That's where things get into weird territory.  Teams heading for a high pick run up against teams coasting to the finish line and it screws with the draft.    Permutations like that definitely concern me.