• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give Me Your 1 Month-Out Panthers' Mock

45catfan

I am going non-QB draft just to be different. Here I am trading 8 to the Giants for 11, 76, and 2022 3rd. Giants move up for last of top WR. Picks 1-10 went - Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, Chase, Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Mac, Surtain, we have choice of Sewell/Slater. I am trading 113 and our 2022 4th for 119 and 125. We can sacrifice our 4th since we got the Giants 2022 3rd.

11 - Penei Sewell, T, Oregon 

39 - Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State 

73 - Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky 

76 - Jevon Holland, S, Oregon

119 - Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston

125 - Milton Williams, DT, La. Tech

151 - Michal Menet, C, Penn State

193 - Jordan Scott, DT/NT, Oregon 

222 - Deommodore Lenoir, CB, Oregon

226 - Ben Mason, FB, Michigan

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I am going non-QB draft just to be different. Here I am trading 8 to the Giants for 11, 76, and 2022 3rd. Giants move up for last of top WR. Picks 1-10 went - Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, Chase, Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Mac, Surtain, we have choice of Sewell/Slater. I am trading 113 and our 2022 4th for 119 and 125. We can sacrifice our 4th since we got the Giants 2022 3rd.

11 - Penei Sewell, T, Oregon 

39 - Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State 

73 - Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky 

76 - Jevon Holland, S, Oregon

119 - Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston

125 - Milton Williams, DT, La. Tech

151 - Michal Menet, C, Penn State

193 - Jordan Scott, DT/NT, Oregon 

222 - Deommodore Lenoir, CB, Oregon

226 - Ben Mason, FB, Michigan

Very Oregon heavy draft. Love the 222 pick. 

8, Fields (or Lance if Fields is gone)

39. Mayfield or Cosmi or Jenkins LT (one should be there)

Then I'm wheeling and dealing. I'm turning 73, 113, 151 into a DT, S, and CB.  I would prefer

Richie Grant - S

Alim McNeill - DT

One of Melifonwu, Gowan, Adebo, or Rodarous WIlliams - CB

193 Yeboah TE

222 Very fast Slot Receiver

226 Hog Mollie

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Very Oregon heavy draft. Love the 222 pick. 

I know I joked about gaining fans from out West, but honestly I just felt each of those guys were good fits in those draft spots.

Sewell is the franchise LT we have needed for a while.

Holland is a complete free safety, and a very good punt returner. Holland was a preseason 1st rounder before he decided to sit out for Covid.

Scott is a massive space eating NT that plays with leverage and is nearly impossible to move from the point of attack. Guy takes on multiple blockers like a champ. Great fit when we go odd fronts.

Lenoir is an underrated, talented CB that I think can have a very good career playing in nickle or dime packages. Will also contribute on special teams.

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I know I joked about gaining fans from out West, but honestly I just felt each of those guys were good fits in those draft spots.

Sewell is the franchise LT we have needed for a while.

Holland is a complete free safety, and a very good punt returner. Holland was a preseason 1st rounder before he decided to sit out for Covid.

Scott is a massive space eating NT that plays with leverage and is nearly impossible to move from the point of attack. Guy takes on multiple blockers like a champ. Great fit when we go odd fronts.

Lenoir is an underrated, talented CB that I think can have a very good career playing in nickle or dime packages. Will also contribute on special teams.

Yeah I like most of your mock. I just happened to notice the Oregon guys trend but non of them are bad players nor do you have them at bad spots. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Yeah I like most of your mock. I just happened to notice the Oregon guys trend but non of them are bad players nor do you have them at bad spots. 

Thanks....

I want a QB above all else, but wanted to do something different. I feel if we pulled out something like my mock we would have a lot of holes plugged. You insert a QB and a couple more pieces into that roster next offseason, we could be on to something.

23 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Alright, here is my month out mock:

I think we are stuck with a shitty hand and need to just sit on it and ride it out. No real QBs to be had and Plenty of opportunity for a desperate team to fug up their future. 
I want to trade back and fill roster spots. In earlier drafts, I wanted to snag a late round QB but as they’ve all gone back to school, I’m punting that until next year and looking for Crum or Ridder If we can’t make a move up for Rattler. 

In this mock, I took a two of the offered trade backs wary on. I think we could realistically trade from 8 back to the early teens and then back to the late 20s. This nets us a top line prospect and a bounty of picks.

Top priority is line. Find mean nasty mother fuggers. Our line blows. It has blown. we either need to go back to the roid days or have a serious talent infusion. 

26. Tevin Jenkins OT - plug in starter at RT if we think Moton can switch to LT.

39. Trey Smith OG - or creed Humphrey if he is there. He wasn’t. Smith is a plug in starter at guard.

51. Josh Myers IOL - guard for a year then Center when Paradis leaves.

55. Rondale Moore WR- Samuel replacement. I wasn’t targeting him but he was there in the sim. I don’t hate it.

73. Cameron McGrone LB- I’m sold on him being an above average prototypical MLB. 

82. Ambry Thomas CB

113. Keith Taylor CB 

We know cb is an issue. I double DJax is back after this year. I think these two CBs can both play in this league.

151. Jaylen Twyman DT - smaller framed pass rusher that can get to the QB. 3tech in our 4-3. I’d assume that at just under 300lbs, he’d make a good DE in a 3-man front.

193. Tommy Kraemer OG - depth with starter upside

222. Alaric Jackson OT - Depth with starter upside

226. Nick Eubanks TE - dart throw that doesn’t need to do much to be replace the guys we’ve been rolling out there.

I think this draft gives us 7 starters - almost all at a position of need. Think about how many starters we’ve pulled out of some of our best drafts. Even with teddy, we’d be in the hunt for the playoffs. Next year, we’d have a complete team in place to hopefully find that franchise QB.

LOVE THIS DRAFT

Thomas is a sneaky pick there. Lots of upside.

Jackson I think goes way before the mock guys peg him. Lots of experience and measured in great. Remember this guy held off wirfs at LT. He's a favorite of mine this cycle.

• Beer 1

On 3/28/2021 at 5:46 PM, 45catfan said:

Please don't copy and paste a simulation.   I would like to know what people are thinking for the Panthers with one month left.   I will posting a new one each week subsequently leading up to the draft.  This is the first of four:

#8 Trey Lance: QB-NDSU (fingers crossed)

#39 Samuel Cosmi: LT-Texas (some mocks have Radunz being taken ahead of Cosmi, the two are interchangeable here)

#73 Paulson Adebo: CB- Stanford (BALLHAWK with WR hands!  Dude makes crazy picks 99% of other CBs would drop)

#114 Milton Williams: DT-La Tech. (3-tech) (Very twitchy/athletic DT--will get after the QB)

#152 Jacoby Stevens: S-LSU (hybird LB--think Chinn)

#194 Terron Jackson: DE-Coastal Carolina (undersized a bit, but you wouldn't know by looking a his production)

#222 Khyiris Tona: DT-BYU (1-tech) (We need another space-eater besides Roy).

#227 Ben Mason: FB- Michigan (Swiss-army knife out of the backfield and a solid STs guy.  Plus we lost Armah, the only FB we had)

Not bad, bonus points for the FB. I loves me a FB!

image.jpeg.8565b87f081a07d1fda1cb7d61226847.jpeg

Edited by shaqattaq

14 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Not bad, bonus points for the FB. I loves me a FB!

image.jpeg.8565b87f081a07d1fda1cb7d61226847.jpeg

Thanks.  I'm old school.  I firmly believe you need at least one true FB on the roster.  On goal line I don't think you put a TE back there to be the bulldozer, especially today's TEs who are glorified WRs.

I'm actually working on v2.0 right now for this week.  This is going to be the far-out mock (worst case scenario) in round one that will jumble up the first two days selections from my norm this year.  Next week will be refined, the one I really want to happen and the last one will be the final mock of the year.  That mock will be the one I think will actually happen, not necessarily what I really want.  The good thing about Marty Hurney was he always drop clues as to his draft crushes, so I was actually able to get really good at mocking the Panthers.  With the new management, very little clues so this will be a total crap shoot this year.

Here is my mock v2.0--the top 5 QBs are all gone except Mac Jones in this scenario.  The Panthers' war room immediately calls New England to get interest in moving to #8 for Jones.  On another phone we are talking to the Jets about a 3rd rounder (#73) for Darnold who just drafted Zach Wilson.  Luckily both teams agree.  The Panthers get picks #96 and #123 in 2021 from the Pats and also their 2022's 3rd.  Later on we trade back again in the 2nd with Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney so they can get QB #6 (too rich in the 1st round) so we recoup the 3rd rounder we just shipped to the Jets.  That trade gives them #39 and a player (Marquis Haynes-FA after this season) for their #51 and #82 this year.

Here is how this shakes out with the two trades:

*Remember, we now have Sam Darnold as our starting QB.

#15- (NE) OT Christian Darrisaw- VIrginia Tech (LT)

#51-(WFT) G/C Quinn Meinerz- UW- Whitewater

#82- (WFT) S Caden Sterns- Texas (FS)

#96- (NE) CB Paulson Adebo- Stanford

#114- OT Spencer Brown- Northern Illinois (Moton insurance)

#123- (NE) DT Tommy Togiai- Ohio State (3-tech)

#152 DT Bobby Brown- Texas A&M (1-tech)

#194 CB Tay Gowen- UCF

#222 DE Cameron Sample- Tulane

#227 G/C Ryan McCollum - Texas A&M

-After the draft, the Panthers ship Teddy to the Seahawks for a 5th rounder in 2022 to be Wilson's backup.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

I like the idea of a trade back to acquire pick for next year.. the only issue with that is there are a lot of teams with a multiple 1st rounders next year.. so even if we get a 2022 1st with a trade down we likely wont have enough to move up for a top QB.. unless we naturally get there. 

But I think we need this to be a boring OL heavy draft. We need that before we look for a QB. 

We ride or die with Teddy this season. 

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

I like the idea of a trade back to acquire pick for next year.. the only issue with that is there are a lot of teams with a multiple 1st rounders next year.. so even if we get a 2022 1st with a trade down we likely wont have enough to move up for a top QB.. unless we naturally get there. 

But I think we need this to be a boring OL heavy draft. We need that before we look for a QB. 

We ride or die with Teddy this season. 

I'm 90% sure that will not be the case.  The team (Matt Rhule, in particular) will exhaust every feasible, logical avenue to ensure this does not happen.  Right now, I think riding with Teddy as QB1 here is like option 'D' at this point, the "oh sh!t" plan if every other plan falls through.