• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give Me Your 1 Month-Out Panthers' Mock

45catfan

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Here is my mock v2.0--the top 5 QBs are all gone except Mac Jones in this scenario.  The Panthers' war room immediately calls New England to get interest in moving to #8 for Jones.  On another phone we are talking to the Jets about a 3rd rounder (#73) for Darnold who just drafted Zach Wilson.  Luckily both teams agree.  The Panthers get picks #96 and #123 in 2021 from the Pats and also their 2022's 3rd.  Later on we trade back again in the 2nd with Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney so they can get QB #6 (too rich in the 1st round) so we recoup the 3rd rounder we just shipped to the Jets.  That trade gives them #39 and a player (Marquis Haynes-FA after this season) for their #51 and #82 this year.

Here is how this shakes out with the two trades:

*Remember, we now have Sam Darnold as our starting QB.

#15- (NE) OT Christian Darrisaw- VIrginia Tech (LT)

#51-(WFT) G/C Quinn Meinerz- UW- Whitewater

#82- (WFT) S Caden Sterns- Texas (FS)

#96- (NE) CB Paulson Adebo- Stanford

#114- OT Spencer Brown- Northern Illinois (Moton insurance)

#123- (NE) DT Tommy Togiai- Ohio State (3-tech)

#152 DT Bobby Brown- Texas A&M (1-tech)

#194 CB Tay Gowen- UCF

#222 DE Cameron Sample- Tulane

#227 G/C Ryan McCollum - Texas A&M

-After the draft, the Panthers ship Teddy to the Seahawks for a 5th rounder in 2022 to be Wilson's backup.

I swear I had no idea this was going down today, lol!!!!  I was doing this mock purely off the rumor mill that the Jets were shopping Darold and we were (obviously) in the market for a QB.  Complete coincidence. 😄

9 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Here is my mock v2.0--the top 5 QBs are all gone except Mac Jones in this scenario.  The Panthers' war room immediately calls New England to get interest in moving to #8 for Jones.  On another phone we are talking to the Jets about a 3rd rounder (#73) for Darnold who just drafted Zach Wilson.  Luckily both teams agree.  The Panthers get picks #96 and #123 in 2021 from the Pats and also their 2022's 3rd.  Later on we trade back again in the 2nd with Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney so they can get QB #6 (too rich in the 1st round) so we recoup the 3rd rounder we just shipped to the Jets.  That trade gives them #39 and a player (Marquis Haynes-FA after this season) for their #51 and #82 this year.

Here is how this shakes out with the two trades:

*Remember, we now have Sam Darnold as our starting QB.

#15- (NE) OT Christian Darrisaw- VIrginia Tech (LT)

#51-(WFT) G/C Quinn Meinerz- UW- Whitewater

#82- (WFT) S Caden Sterns- Texas (FS)

#96- (NE) CB Paulson Adebo- Stanford

#114- OT Spencer Brown- Northern Illinois (Moton insurance)

#123- (NE) DT Tommy Togiai- Ohio State (3-tech)

#152 DT Bobby Brown- Texas A&M (1-tech)

#194 CB Tay Gowen- UCF

#222 DE Cameron Sample- Tulane

#227 G/C Ryan McCollum - Texas A&M

-After the draft, the Panthers ship Teddy to the Seahawks for a 5th rounder in 2022 to be Wilson's backup.

I like the idea of drafting Moton insurance. Give the guy a year to develop. If he looks promising, then why not keep a 22 yr old on a rookie deal rather than paying top dollar to a vet, and maybe we land a comp pick along the way.

3 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

I like the idea of drafting Moton insurance. Give the guy a year to develop. If he looks promising, then why not keep a 22 yr old on a rookie deal rather than paying top dollar to a vet, and maybe we land a comp pick along the way.

Bingo!  My gut tells me Moton and agent are playing hard ball and the reason a new deal hasn't been struck yet.  Right tackle's contracts are generally straight forward.  I think they are angling for swing tackle or mid-tier left tackle money.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, shaqattaq said:

#8 Trey Lance, QB, NDSU

#39 Dillon Radunz, OT, NDSU

#73 Chazz Surratt MLB, UNC

#113 Tre Norwood, CB/FS, OK

#151 Trey Hill, C, GA

#'s 193, 222, and 226...who knows? And yes...I realize that I have 3 Tre(y)'s on my mock.

Post Sam Darnold trade: 

#8 Rashawn Slater, LT, NW

#39. Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, SYR. I wanted his brother a few years ago, and I want him now.

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I swear I had no idea this was going down today, lol!!!!  I was doing this mock purely off the rumor mill that the Jets were shopping Darold and we were (obviously) in the market for a QB.  Complete coincidence. 😄

I still think we'll draft a QB at some point. PJ Walker is not good enough as a backup.

CAR 8. Kyle Pitts TE Florida - some how slips to us, too good of a target to pass up.

CAR 39. Richie Grant S UCF - coached him at the senior bowl, was a stand out, visited again.

CAR 73. Javonte Williams RB North Carolina - CMC back up / Davis replacement / UNC guy.

CAR 113. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford - WR hands for a CB.

CAR 151. David Moore OG Grambling State - Another D. Moore.

CAR 193. Larry Borom OG Missouri - OL Depth.

CAR 222. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa - OL Depth.

• Pie 1

This is my mock version 3.0 for week 3 leading up to the draft.  This is the one I personally would like to see happen, not what I think will happen.  That one will be next week and my final mock for this thread.

#8- QB Trey Lance-NDSU: (He slips past the 9ers and Falcons; nobody moves up, so we take him)

#44 *TRADE w/ Dallas* G/C Quinn Mieinerz-UW-Whitwater: (Randunz and Cosmi are gone and a run on corners leave a void in value--we trade back to recoup the loss of our 4th next year)

#73- LT Brady Christensen BYU (LT needy teams have already pounced, so we get our LT here)

#113- CB Robert Rochell-Central Arkansas

#138*Dallas*- CB Marco Wilson-Florida

#151-DT Bobby Brown(1-tech)-Texas A&M

#193- DT Cameron Sample- (3-tech) Tulane

#222- DE Elerson Smith- Northern Iowa

Got the QB, LT and center with needed depth on the D-line and corner.  This would make me very happy with our draft!

Edited by 45catfan

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

Rashaun Slater

Asanti Samuel

Jabril Cox, likely gone by this pick but

Jaylen Twyman

Tommy Tremble

Adrain Ealy

A safety - tyree Gillespie would be a steal

Cox should be gone and #34 is high for Samuel.  Some are calling for a CB at #39, but I think there will be an early run on corners and the value will not be there at #39; in other words, without reaching.

Twyman made me question his athleticism when he ran his 40 at 5.4 seconds.  Remember, he's not a NT and only 280 pounds. That threw up a big red flag to me.

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Cox should be gone and #34 is high for Samuel.  Some are calling for a CB at #39, but I think there will be an early run on corners and the value will not be there at #39; in other words, without reaching.

Twyman made me question his athleticism when he ran his 40 at 5.4 seconds.  Remember, he's not a NT and only 280 pounds. That threw up a big red flag to me.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

Ok.  Here it goes.

Trade down with Chargers for 13 and 47. Got two plans.

13. Horn / Darrisaw

39. Grant / Stokes

47.  Leatherwood / Cisco

73. Trey Hill / Dickerson

If we stay at 8.  I hope Slater or Sewell is there. Then take a corner at 39.  Farley or Newsome.  Then at 73.  A linebacker like Bolt or Moses.  

• Pie 2