• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers split personnel to watch Justin Fields and Mac Jones' pro days

Panthers316

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brady is in Alabama, meanwhile Rhule and Fitterer are in Ohio. Pretty clear which one we're prioritizing.

Given Rhule has already seen Mac Jones quite a bit, in this particular case, I wouldn't read TOO much into it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He could easily be there in the third. He’d be a huge reach at our 2nd pick after looking terrible at the Senior Bowl, nothing close to an NFL starter. I’d say there’s a higher chance than he never becomes a backup than becomes a real NFL starter. I’m not talking about a Will Grier throw him to the wolves even though we know he’s not good start.

Pretty sure he was the MVP of the Senior Bowl. A team will reach for him. I don’t think he makes it past the 2nd...

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That game featured the worst QBs they ever had. Sorry, but getting an MVP for a 52% completion percentage means there was just no one else. The other 4 QBs are day 3 or undrafted guys and looked the part. There was 1 RB at 60 yards all others had 15 or below and one WR at 90 with all others at 52 or below.

It really wasn’t a good offensive game at all. Mond didn’t look good, he just threw the ball the most. Maybe someone takes him in the 2nd (it only takes 1) but I think he’s got a great shot at making the 3rd. If we took him at 39, it would be a terrible pick. Maybe it works out but it would be a huge reach with a huge chance of failure.

I don’t want us to draft him at 39. I’m just saying I think another team will overdraft him ahead of our 3rd pick. He looked decent in the Senior Bowl, started off rusty but got in rhythm and made some nice throws with 2 TDs and 0 INTs in a game where the line wasn’t blocking well.

• Pie 1