• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What was the boldest move this franchise has made?

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I mean: 

• 2nd round pick
  • FA (and former 1st round pick)
  • 1st round pick
  • 3rd round pick and Franchise legend
  • 3rd round pick
  • UDFA

They didn't neglect the position at all in terms of resources. 

Resources were fine. The talent of those resources was suspect. Each guy on this last only spent a few years with Cam out of his 9. And when we got Ginn the offense exploded. Then we let him walk away. 

• Beer 2

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Thomas Davis was a great example. 

Sticking with a WR and making him the face of the franchise that physically assaulted 3 of your players in non-football scenarios was pretty bold too. 

Odds are high most teams likely part with those at some point. 

Stewart/Otah draft was pretty bold and not in a good way.  

Stew and Otah were great players though. Otahs knee injury ruined his career. But in terms of their talent and ability to play it was a solid move. 

Ive never seen a team be able to run the ball at will like we could in 2008.

Stewart was a top 5 talent

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 2

24 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Stew and Otah were great players though. Otahs knee injury ruined his career. But in terms of their talent and ability to play it was a solid move. 

It was one of the boldest first rounds IMO the Panthers have had in a draft.   It wasn't a Stewart diss. 

We had just drafted a first round RB.  Then we spend another first round pick on a RB (which was pretty nutz) and then after that went right back into the first round and surprised everyone. 

out of all the 10 billion predictions, no one was close on that one. 

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Otah was a beast.  IMO, the best run blocking T we have ever had here.   

I mean, they hit the talent.   Can't predict injury.   I have never been an Otah hater. 

The not in a good way reference opens up that whole can of worms about thinking drafting and then paying multiple first round RBs as some formula for success.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Leotiger said:

I wasn’t happy we took him at #1 mas at Luck for not coming out .. wanted PP that year.. cam surpassed expectations for me year 1 and then when he fumble in the super bowl and didn’t jump on the ball that’s when the love fair was over .. so sad still got respect for him . But glad he is gone 

Haha,

hard to admit when your wrong. sorry to all the cam lovers haha

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

out of all the 10 billion predictions, no one was close on that one. 

No poo, my high school buddy and I were working at Applebees that offseason. Taking about the draft about a week before, I told him that I wanted that TE Olsen from Miami. But, that I was sure the Panthers were gonna take Stewart or Otah. Neither one of us could believe it when they drafted both.  Years later, when we traded for Olsen, he called me up, "Holy poo dude, you're like an Oracle..."

Benching Rodney Peete at halftime in a losing season opener and sending in Jake "Who the Heck" Delhomme and then riding his work to our first Super Bowl appearance.

Nothing matches that. 

Cam was supposed to be that guy and eventually was. Jake was supposed to still be delivering for UPS before the end of the season and he just refused to not take his shot at his dream.

• Pie 3