• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Blackhawks 3/30-4/1

Harbingers

"CHICAGO - The Carolina Hurricanes are back on the road for a nationally televised two-game set against the Chicago Blackhawks.

The Match-Up

Carolina Hurricanes (23-7-3, 49 points) at Chicago Blackhawks (16-15-5, 37 points)

Tuesday, March 30, 7:30 p.m.

Watch: NBCSN

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

The Opposition

Last five games: 2-3-0, 4 points
At home: 9-6-2, 20 points
CAR vs. CHI: 2-1-0
Leading scorer: Patrick Kane, 48 points (13g, 35a) in 36 games

This two-game series against the Canes marks the latter third of a six-game homestand for the Blackhawks. After sweeping a two-game set against the Florida Panthers, Chicago then dropped back-to-back games against the Nashville Predators. Alex DeBrincat scored two goals in a 1:50 span early in the third to tie the game at two on Sunday, but Roman Josi's tally in the back half of the period was the difference. The Blackhawks, who are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games, now find themselves just on the outside of the playoff cut line in the Central Division.

"They're definitely an interesting team," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said after practice on Monday. "They give you some chances, but they get a lot of chances. It can be a dangerous mix."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-carolina-hurricanes-chicago-blackhawks/c-323045668

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-carolina-hurricanes-chicago-blackhawks/c-323071546

CHICAGO - The Carolina Hurricanes could potentially plug Vincent Trocheck back into their lineup when they face off against the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.

Trocheck, who has missed the last eight games with an upper-body injury, was actively involved in practice on Monday and is a game-time decision tonight, according to head coach Rod Brind'Amour.

"We're hoping [he] can play," Brind'Amour said. "He's a possibility."

If Trocheck can indeed draw back in, here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes based on lines used in practice on Monday.

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Necas
Svechnikov-Trocheck-Fast
McGinn-Staal-Foegele
Paquette-Lorentz-Martinook

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Fleury-Bean

Goalies

Nedeljkovic
Reimer

Injuries: Mrazek (right thumb), Teravainen (concussion symptoms; injured reserve)

Taxi squad: Gardiner, Geekie, Keane, McCormick, Warm

Ugh the suspense. Will he? Will he not? Ned back in net. Caught some of Chicago and Nashville’s last game. Chicago was pretty solid despite losing, Nashville simply out played them. Also our last game against them that we won 5-3 is when TT took that bad hit and subsequent concussion. I expect things to get a little chippy tonight but more so Thursday. 

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2021/03/29/sidney-crosby-pittsburgh-penguins-host-mathew-barzal-new-york-islanders-tonight-at-7-p-m-et-on-nbcsn-highlighting-nbc-sports-eight-nhl-games-this-week/

Also our first of three nationally televised, so far, I suspect our TB remaining twofer may be sent national if the league can contractually do it.

Tonight on the call is John Walton & Pierre McGuire. Thursday's match up is John Forslund & Pierre McGuire.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

FYI for those in the streaming world I'm pretty sure you can stream both games for free through the Peacock app's NBCSN channel. Not positive though.

Thanks. I have NBCSN on my cable package. But, I might check this out. See if it's any better than Spectrum's streaming app.