• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Come to Grips with Reality

Troys99x4

I did somewhat believe the Mac Jones to SF hype, but after watching the two QB's throw today there is no way SF lets Fields get away from them.

Our QB options will come down to Lance or Jones. BPA seems like the most logical thing in my mind, OT or trade back a few sports for a CB.

Better luck next year. Or maybe just be more aggressive in finding your guy?

3 minutes ago, Troys99x4 said:

I did somewhat believe the Mac Jones to SF hype, but after watching the two QB's throw today there is no way SF lets Fields get away from them.

Our QB options will come down to Lance or Jones. BPA seems like the most logical thing in my mind, OT or trade back a few sports for a CB.

Better luck next year. Or maybe just be more aggressive in finding your guy?

Honestly, who knows.  You never believe anything you hear in draft season?  Right?

I'd love to have the excitement of a young QB.  I'd also love to have a franchise LT or a shutdown CB.  If there's a top end run on QBs, like 1-5, we're guaranteed to have a really good foundational piece.

As far as QB?  You'll have to find them elsewhere.  It's probably not going to be a draft pick unless we get lucky.  Is that a trade for Darnold?  Again, who knows.

This could also be the big QB hype, but teams are going to go and get their guys.  QB or otherwise.  We'll just have to see and enjoy the ride!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Honestly I wouldn’t have a problem with signing Alex smith or trading for Minshew or Darnold although I would rather have Minshew than Darnold.

Minshew has had a QBs rating over 90 in his first two years despite being on the jags. Although I don’t think the Jags offensive is horrible it’s average at best. At worst we end up getting an average QB in my opinion. If he fails then we can always draft a qb later. Why not save our draft picks and build a great team to where we can win without a great Qb?

• Pie 5

I still don't buy the Jones with the 3rd pick, anything is possible I just can't believe it till it happens. I don't want Jones if he falls to 8, just get a LT and start planning a 2022 high pick. June cut Teddy and do in 2021 what we should have done in 2020. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Trainwreck said:

Cutting Teddy as June 1 cut is the dumbest thing ever. That’s a 5m hit for 2022 dead cap and giving us 7m for this season to sign who? Who’s left on the market? 

Doesn't matter. We aren't competing with Teddy and if we can save that much money it's a win. If we can't trade him he will be cut, the situation with the team and him isn't going to be reconciled and Tepper can't sell tickets with another year of Teddy after what he did last year. We can sign a cut QB after the draft and still have money left over. 

What is the difference between Teddy and any other QB laying in the trash pile? Saving millions...

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Mac Jones is going at 3. You can believe it or not but it will happen. I saw someone said that Mac is similar to Matt Ryan. Kyle Shanahan is trying to get his 16’-17’ Matt Ryan. 

So he's an unathletic white guy that wears braided belts and does better with an all pro caliber receiver?  Sounds right 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Trainwreck said:

You draft a QB and cut Teddy next year without having any dead cap in 2022. Then you erase and burn every stupid memories of Teddy being a Panthers’ quarterback like it never happened. 

We are not contending regardless of draft or who plays QB, might as well let the rookie play. Still, we are better off without Teddy than with him in any scenario. There will be a couple of QBs available at Teddy's skill level for dirt cheap after the draft, they are still with teams hoping to trade them...just like Teddy. Save a couple of million and get another whoever. 

• Pie 1

Yeah read Belicheck looked at Josh and shook his head like WTH we doing here at Jones pro day. If 49ers select him at 3 there needs to be some heads rolling. There is no way he is better than 32 guys in the first round. I think people are saying crap, the pick will be Fields or Lance for 9ers

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah read Belicheck looked at Josh and shook his head like WTH we doing here at Jones pro day. If 49ers select him at 3 there needs to be some heads rolling. There is no way he is better than 32 guys in the first round. I think people are saying crap, the pick will be Fields or Lance for 9ers

There's no way most of the qbs are better than 32 guys in the first round.