Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Justin Fields trying to show he's more than just fast


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Woah.  Sam Darnold, the guy who said ‘I’m seeing ghosts out there’

i get people think he has the pedigree but as much as people knock Ohio state, usc had one decent QB, Carson Palmer 

Yes, I know the Adam Gase factor but for once under Rhule it would be nice to not someone else’s scraps as a QB   

It’s a common phrase used in the nfl usually never herd on the sideline look at the film in that game worst beating he took all year pats were playing cover zero that’s no one over top with man to man on the outside while sending the house. He had no chance in the game, offensive coordinator calling long developing routes meanwhile offensive line wasn’t doing him any favors by time he hit his 3rd step in his drop back he had guys already jumping on his back, he ran for his life the whole game so yeah not the best scenario for success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rippadonn said:

Again, statistics don't support your claims, oh a QB isn't getting 100yrds on the ground, not a good QB then huh?

He beasted most of his games this 4300yrds, that doesn't happen from being a "noodle arm" or "immobile".

Is Brady mobile? Brees? No. Their the best QBs in decades.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wes21 said:

When you say "as weird as Jones being the second QB taken," are you talking about Mac Jones or is that a throwback reference to how weird it was for Daniel Jones to be the 2nd QB taken?

I could see a shake up happening on draft day this year.  The top prospects all have things to love about them, so its just a matter of how much stock you put into each trait.  It seems like there are unexpected moves with the top 3-5 QBs taken once every couple of years.  Particularly if a team falls in love with a QB on a personal level, like the Bears GM with Mitch Seabiscuit.

There doesn't seem to be one single thing to suggest Lance is ahead of Fields. Not career, not competition,  not arm,   not pro days, not measurable nothing. The whole thing has been why the most recent pro day will be the second qb taken. I expect this cycle to continue until the draft.

It all seems so  crazy that nothing will surprise me. It's a perpetual hype machine. 24 hrs 7 days a week of qb speculation makes people nuts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

49ers gotta be throwing up a smokescreen.

No way they take Mac fuging Jones over this guy or Lance.

Unless someone has some info that I don't, I don't think its the 49ers "leaking" the info.  I think its others just throwing something out there and running with it. They have to fill in the gaps with something in the 24/7 news cycle.  From what I recall, the trade went down while Lynch was at Wilson's pro day.  So Lynch made the trade in Utah and then called some random media person to brag that it was actually for Mac Jones, while sitting at Zach Wilson's pro day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

49ers gotta be throwing up a smokescreen.

No way they take Mac fuging Jones over this guy or Lance.

Apparently, there is some truth to the whole mac jones at 3 thing.  I guess Shanahan thinks Mac jones fits his system well.  But my thoughts are "no way the 49ers are that dumb....or are they?"  Only time will tell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

After watching the pro day film, the recievers had to slow down, track the ball,  or turn to body catch many of the deep passes.

Track the ball is something all receivers do on every catch. Every QB candidate in this draft threw deep balls that their guys had to slow down for or turn, or throw it out of their range. 
 

Id worry more if the short and intermediate throws were consistently like that as well. Like Trey Lance having a difficult time throwing to his right while leading receivers. A whole chunk of his pro day was throwing behind receivers on routes to his right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Again, statistics don't support your claims, oh a QB isn't getting 100yrds on the ground, not a good QB then huh?

He beasted most of his games this 4300yrds, that doesn't happen from being a "noodle arm" or "immobile".

Is Brady mobile? Brees? No. Their the best QBs in decades.

Here we got with the college stats fetish again.....

The Office Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Track the ball is something all receivers do on every catch. Every QB candidate in this draft threw deep balls that their guys had to slow down for or turn, or throw it out of their range. 
 

Id worry more if the short and intermediate throws were consistently like that as well. Like Trey Lance having a difficult time throwing to his right while leading receivers. A whole chunk of his pro day was throwing behind receivers on routes to his right.

Yes but this was everyone's main gripe about Teddy during the season

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jfra78 said:

After watching the pro day film, the recievers had to slow down, track the ball,  or turn to body catch many of the deep passes.

We have two years of him playing and starting for a power 5 team.  Ball placement simply is not a worry of Justin Fields coming in. 
 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Yes but this was everyone's main gripe about Teddy during the season

That’s not the main gripe. The main gripe is the unwillingness to throw it deep. Look at Fields vs Clemson chucking it deep left and right. Teddy doesn’t try stuff like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

That’s not the main gripe. The main gripe is the unwillingness to throw it deep. Look at Fields vs Clemson chucking it deep left and right. Teddy doesn’t try stuff like that. 

This. Throw in 4th and 8+ with the game on the line and attempting a 2 yard pass in tight coverage. People have had enough of the conservative play at QB. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...