• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What was the boldest move the franchise DIDN'T make

electro's horse

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Recency bias says not trading up for Justin Herbert...but then that probably means no Chinn. It's kinda hard to think "what if?" scenarios.

Chinn is great but in know way would I say I'd rather have him than Justin Herbert. Definitely moving up 2 spots last season and drafting Justin Herbert is the missed move that sticks in my head the most right now considering how much time we've all spent discussing QBs the last few months. 

6 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I like to think the rumored Joe Thomas for a first during the 2015 season probably wins us the superbowl, sets us up moving forward, and keeps cam healthy. 

well hey, at least we got vernon butler out of that first! heh...

10 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Chinn is great but in know way would I say I'd rather have him than Justin Herbert. Definitely moving up 2 spots last season and drafting Justin Herbert is the missed move that sticks in my head the most right now considering how much time we've all spent discussing QBs the last few months. 

How was that an option? Trade up with Miami, a team 100% in on drafting a qb last year, for them to move back to 7 and miss out on drafting one of the coveted qbs? Realistically, the Giants were the logical trade up partner. Meanwhile we all enjoy this revisionist history where Tua wasn't the clear, consensus #2 over Herbert. If we trade up to 4, we'd probably be trying to leapfrog Miami to draft Tua and ease him slowly with Teddy while he gets up to speed after his injury. Think about that: giving up prime draft capital to take Teddy lite with even less mobility after his hip fracture. 

I think we scouted Herbert and would have strongly considered him at 7 if the Chargers had passed,but I don't see a scenario where we would have realistically traded up and drafted him. Not only for the reasons I mentioned but how do you invest a bunch of draft capital to trade up for a qb when you're stuck with Teddy for 2 years? Maybe at 7, but 7 and whatever else it would take? No way. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1