• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Wilson - Concerns

Untouchable

I'm glad he got to the Houston game because alot of the big concerns surrounding Wilson can be seen in that game. I've seen too many times on tape of WRs with steps on the DB slow up almost not trusting he can get it that far or Wilson just under throwing it and being bailed out by the receivers or zebras. Missing a ton of reads and working through his progressions way too fast as well. This doesn't mean he is a bad prospect or anything but there are some big reasons why he could fail with a big step up in competition.

• Pie 1

Yea, he makes some good points there.  I do see a few questionable decisions.  But look at the overall body of work here. 

Dude completed 73% of his passes this season.  Let that sink in a minute.  73% completions.  And he wasn't throwing a bunch of bubble screens and hitches.  He was ripping it.

No way this guy is available at 8.  I don't think this guy is available at 3.

• Beer 1

Finally had time to watch Wilson’s pro day and watched a few games.  Man, he has that golden arm.  He does resemble Rodgers with that flick throw right on the money.  That is his comp for me and I am really impressed at what he can be.   Would have loved to see more adversity being faced but he seems unfazed with noise around him in the pocket.  He is really talented.  Definitely 2 or 1 A in this draft.

Do put a ton of stock on the stage that these guys played on though.  If he goes to the Jets and is forced into action soon he could get overwhelmed quickly.  David Carr comes to mind.

Edited by Shocker

Can he keep learning and improving?

I don't mind unfinished or imperfect at all if the prospect can keep refining their game. The luxury of getting a polished product seems to have gone out the window when the NCAA changed their rules years ago. 

On 3/31/2021 at 12:09 PM, BrianS said:

Yea, he makes some good points there.  I do see a few questionable decisions.  But look at the overall body of work here. 

Dude completed 73% of his passes this season.  Let that sink in a minute.  73% completions.  And he wasn't throwing a bunch of bubble screens and hitches.  He was ripping it.

No way this guy is available at 8.  I don't think this guy is available at 3.

Wilson went into this season not even being assured he would be the starter....because his 2019 wasn't good.  That's part of his body of work too. 

They played some really bad competition this year.  And this basically is his defining body of work.  A lot of his plays IMO never would have happened vs better competition because better athletes would have made him pay for it. Think they beat 3 teams with winning records.  And that includes folks like the USTA Roadrunners being one of them. 

I definitely think he is is a promising QB.   Plenty to like.  But he got folks claiming he is even better than Lawrence.   Nothing back ups this weird Wilson movement IMO.