• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Lockett, also paid. The market is setting!

top dawg

4 years, 69.2 mil. 37 guaranteed! Yeah--just a guess--17-20 mil will be the market for the top receivers this offseason and next.  I wonder where Skeletor will fall in their budget. Anyway, we might get into a fix ourselves depending upon how the s ason goes. Two guys will be looking to get paid some more money, and rightfully so.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31172357/seattle-seahawks-giving-wr-tyler-lockett-692m-extension-source-says

We need to extend DJ ASAP, especially if we are going to draft a QB who can chuck the ball or somehow get Watson if he's cleared (unlikely). Moore would easily put up 1500+ yards with a more aggressive QB, need to lock him up before his stats warrant being the highest paid WR in the league at the time of his contract.

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Damn. That's a lot of money for a "good" WR in this off-season environment.

How many times have we (and others) gotten screwed by teams paying "great" money to "good" players?

(and yes, I know we've done it ourselves as well)

Edited by Mr. Scot

Can't pay everyone. This just makes me want Pitts even more if no qb is available at 8. With how expensive offensive weapons and quarterbacks are getting in general and the likelihood of us not returning to a top 10 pick anytime soon I cannot stomach drafting a tackle 8th overall rn. Get us another weapon now if we can't get the signal caller.

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Damn. That's a lot of money for a "good" WR in this off-season environment.

He has scored more TDs in the last three seasons than almost any WR in the league....  Only Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Devante Adams, and Thielen have more TDs than Locket since 2018. Thats in a poorly run SEA offense too....

You pay players that put points on the board... It's a performance based league.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Can't pay everyone. This just makes me want Pitts even more if no qb is available at 8. With how expensive offensive weapons and quarterbacks are getting in general and the likelihood of us not returning to a top 10 pick anytime soon I cannot stomach drafting a tackle 8th overall rn. Get us another weapon now if we can't get the signal caller.

A year isn't that long to wait. 

• Beer 1