• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How realistic a chance at Sewell?

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

yeah. i take this and run with it. sometimes circumstances are out of your hands. 

and we can still draft that safety ruhle loves so much. 

Agreed.

Landing Sewell at 8 would be like the year that Star fell to us.  Player that we loved, waited patiently and it worked out for us.

• Pie 4

On 3/31/2021 at 1:08 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Just using Denver as an example.

Heck, people have even suggested the Patriots might trade up. That sounds crazy, but it's a crazy offseason.

I would not be surprised with the Patriots trading up at all. This offseason Bellicheat has behaved in a most unBellicheat way, throwing money around in a fashion that reeks of desperation. I have a strong feeling he sees his legacy going down the tubes as Brady just won another SB without him while his Bradyless Patriots floundered. He may very well fear the forming consensus that the question has been answered which part of that dynasty was most important and it wasn't him.

I just wish they could have both failed, but I'll take it.

8 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Agreed.

Landing Sewell at 8 would be like the year that Star fell to us.  Player that we loved, waited patiently and it worked out for us.

Thought the same thing. I just don’t know how Darnold could be bad with a line that has Sewell, Moton. A backfield with CMC. Moore, Anderson, one other piece at receiver. He wouldn’t have to be a hero. Just make the right reads and be able to stretch the defense with downfield throws.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I would not be surprised with the Patriots trading up at all. This offseason Bellicheat has behaved in a most unBellicheat way, throwing money around in a fashion that reeks of desperation. I have a strong feeling he sees his legacy going down the tubes as Brady just won another SB without him while his Bradyless Patriots floundered. He may very well fear the forming consensus that the question has been answered which part of that dynasty was most important and it wasn't him.

I just wish they could have both failed, but I'll take it.

Fair point.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:50 AM, stirs said:

Told you guys months back that with AJ Green gone, Chase would be the pick.  Plus, if you read some things beyond Kiper, the Bengals got fairly comfortable and pleased with their young bookend tackles as the year went along.

Evidently Burrow is banging the table for Chase too. Can't discount that. I absolutely think they'll use their 1st rounder to build around Burrow. Very possible they stick with their current OTs and then focus on their IOL later in the draft.