• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pitts to ATL??

musicman

from PFT:

It isn’t often that a tight end is a Top 5 pick in the NFL draft, but it also isn’t often that a tight end is as good as Kyle Pitts.

Pitts, who won the John Mackey Award as the best tight end in college football last season at Florida, turned in a sensational workout today. Afterward, he said the Falcons have shown interest in picking him with the fourth overall pick in the draft.

“I did talk to them on Zoom a couple times,” Pitts said. “I talked to them again today. They said they have interest in me. After today we’ll get together on another Zoom and they’ll try to learn more about me. I feel like they’re pretty interested. It would be a dream come true to be Top 5 or be the first non-quarterback to come off the board, so that’s something I look forward to in the draft.”

The first three picks in the draft — owned by the Jaguars, Jets and 49ers — will certainly be quarterbacks. But Pitts may very well go fourth. That would be a bold move by the Falcons, but one they are surely considering.

- If that's the case and Sewel goes to Cinn, then we have a great shot at OT Slater, or QB Fields, or maybe QB Lance (if SF takes Jones). If SF takes Lance, then we have to hope for Fields but Slater is not a bad pick if we have no choice. 

Edited by musicman

With Dimitroff I could see them doing this, he had no problem adding receiving talent.  Not sure what their new GM is like.  They still have Hurst so it’s not the biggest need, but Pitts is extremely talented.  Just have to wait and see.  Them not taking a QB or trading down with someone who is is a win, IMO.  

From Albert Breer's latest mailbag...

From Shedrick Carter (@shedrickcarter2): Draft looks set with 3 quarterbacks going 1-2-3. So the draft pretty much starts at 4. Do you see Atlanta going QB or best player available (Pitts)?

Shedrick, it seems likely to me that the Falcons will either take a quarterback or move the pick to a team that will.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Albert Breer's latest mailbag...

From Shedrick Carter (@shedrickcarter2): Draft looks set with 3 quarterbacks going 1-2-3. So the draft pretty much starts at 4. Do you see Atlanta going QB or best player available (Pitts)?

Shedrick, it seems likely to me that the Falcons will either take a quarterback or move the pick to a team that will.

If Fields is actually still on the board at 4, someone will offer them the moon and we wont have a shot. 

I really think Lance is our only realistic option at QB, but I don’t know if the staff wants him. 

9 minutes ago, Tbe said:

If Fields is actually still on the board at 4, someone will offer them the moon and we wont have a shot. 

I really think Lance is our only realistic option at QB, but I don’t know if the staff wants him. 

In that same article, Breer gives a hint that they might not.

The one thing I would caution anyone from doing here, though, is assuming that the top five quarterbacks are all seen as worthy of a top-10 pick by every team. It doesn’t work that way.

So if the one that slips to five, in this scenario, is one the Panthers really love, then I absolutely could see new GM Scott Fitterer’s getting aggressive to try to outflank teams like Denver and New England to land Carolina’s guy. But the possibility also exists that the Panthers aren’t wild about the one that will shake free from the top four picks.

Breer doesn't really give any specifics, but if you pair that with Joe Person's speculation that the Panthers aren't wild about any of the quarterbacks other than the top two, you start to wonder.

Edited by Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Here is the thing with that.  Will the Broncos offer even more than the Niners did for the 4rth qb off the board?  Seems like a huge gamble to get a guy for that price. 

Jones to SF at #3 and Pitts to ATL at #4 would truly be some best case scenario stuff for us. The Bengals definitely aren't taking a QB and lots of talk that the Eagles ownership wants to roll with Hurts. That leaves Detroit and potential trade ups as the only hurdles. Hell, WE could be one of those potential trade ups.

• Pie 4