• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you love?

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I hate it personally.

NFL fans universally hate when you "reach" for guys at any position. That is until it comes to QBs.

When it comes to QBs, guys are like single fellas coming back to the states after a 12 month war tour willing to take any port in the storm no matter how many red flags there are.

There is a lot to like about all of these guys, but there are a ton of red flags too. If this was 15 years ago we'd have 3 of these guys in the Top 10, and 1-2 in the mid to late first round.

I'm okay sticking at 8, and ending up with Lance, but I'm not okay trading up for him, and I'm not okay with going Jones. The value is not there.

I was saying that ironically and agree with you on the whole. The value of QBs is at an all time high right now and there's not much the team can do about that but to have a guy like Jones suddenly elevate to the top doesn't seem to end well when it happens.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Development is part of it.  Like I said, he is IMO the most difficult for Joe Brady to just plug into what he is doing.  Joe Brady and Rhule got different goals.  Brady is trying to advance.  Rhule is focused on building something here (with or without Brady). 

and Lance for all his talent is not a very accurate passer.   Doubtful he will become that anytime soon as he takes a massive jump in competition.  Windows get even smaller.  I still think Joe Brady is looking to move on sooner rather than later.  

I know that Lance has some accuracy issues, but I don't know that I'd go as far as saying that he's "not a very accurate passer." I think some of you are overthinking this. He completed 67+% of his passes without an INT! I don't believe it's as easy as saying "He had wide open windows!" Sure he did sometimes, but all of his passes weren't targeting the broad side of a barn.

Edited by top dawg

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I know that Lance has some accuracy issues, but I don't know that I'd go as far as saying that he's "not a very accurate passer." I think some of you are overthinking this. He completed 67+% of his passes without an INT! I don't believe it's as easy as saying "He had wide open windows!" Sure he did sometimes, but all of his passes weren't targeting the broad side of a barn.

So which QBs would you rank Lance ahead of.....if the question is ONLY who can operate Joe Brady's pass scheme the best in 2021? 

Like I said, I got two separate list.  The Brady one and the Rhule.    And I'm not saying I agree with either I project onto them either. 

My ranking remains. 

Trevor

Fields

Wilson/Lance

Mac Jones

Love: fields and lance 

like :Mac Jones

hate: Wilson because he’s fragile , didn’t play quality competition can’t read a defense 

Trevor Lawrence- you might call me crazy but this is the most overrated player I have ever seen , he is not accurate with the football and can’t read a defense idc how quality his arm and speed is he reminds me of a poor mans Andrew luck but Andrew luck was much better on a worse team than Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence won’t be a fraction as good as luck , he’s going to be a big time bust . Screen shot this if you want 

4 hours ago, CRA said:

So which QBs would you rank Lance ahead of.....if the question is ONLY who can operate Joe Brady's pass scheme the best in 2021? 

Like I said, I got two separate list.  The Brady one and the Rhule.    And I'm not saying I agree with either I project onto them either. 

My ranking remains. 

Trevor

Fields

Wilson/Lance

Mac Jones

I wouldn't rank him ahead of any for play in 2021. I really hope he sits in 2021.

Fields

he has everything they want.  

previously there was a rumor about the Panthers that they ‘loved’ fields 

the crap about him only doing first read is crap based on input  fron several scouts on film study.  Perfect example was the number of second, third, and fourth reads against Clemson.  Unlike Lance or. Zack, big time schedule, under bright lights and expectations

that hit from Clemson, my god and he threw what 4 tds after....it may have affected him in the final

he isn’t Cam or Vick.  He is Justin   The fact that he likes to play chess tells me he has a mind  

I like him

Edited by raleigh-panther

8 hours ago, Madwolf said:

I hate it personally.

NFL fans universally hate when you "reach" for guys at any position. That is until it comes to QBs.

When it comes to QBs, guys are like single fellas coming back to the states after a 12 month war tour willing to take any port in the storm no matter how many red flags there are.

There is a lot to like about all of these guys, but there are a ton of red flags too. If this was 15 years ago we'd have 3 of these guys in the Top 10, and 1-2 in the mid to late first round.

I'm okay sticking at 8, and ending up with Lance, but I'm not okay trading up for him, and I'm not okay with going Jones. The value is not there.

I have Lawrence - Wilson - Jones as the top three, with a clear gap between those guys and the rest.

Fields - I just hate his throwing mechanics and how deliberate he is when making reads. I don't think that flies in the NFL. Lance - I mean, there's so little data on him (and he looked worse in his one game this year). I'm not opposed to taking either, but I'd like to trade down before picking them up - which probably isn't happening in this QB thirsty Draft. 

4 hours ago, Italianpantherfan said:

Love: fields and lance 

like :Mac Jones

hate: Wilson because he’s fragile , didn’t play quality competition can’t read a defense 

Trevor Lawrence- you might call me crazy but this is the most overrated player I have ever seen , he is not accurate with the football and can’t read a defense idc how quality his arm and speed is he reminds me of a poor mans Andrew luck but Andrew luck was much better on a worse team than Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence won’t be a fraction as good as luck , he’s going to be a big time bust . Screen shot this if you want 

I can see your point about Lawrence - he's overrated, but his physical tools are ridiculous.

He's also going to play for Urban Meyer - that dude will put him in the best system to succeed. He's hidden the flaws of his QBs for decades. 

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I can see your point about Lawrence - he's overrated, but his physical tools are ridiculous.

He's also going to play for Urban Meyer - that dude will put him in the best system to succeed. He's hidden the flaws of his QBs for decades. 

He’s a very good athlete but I think we won’t live up the hype and definitely not the best qb in this draft