• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you love?

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is Fields "Cam Lite" or is he Vick with better passing skills?

I think Cam lite. Cam was power and Fields looks a good bit less physical. Both have an arm but Cam looked stronger. Fields has some great speed. I'll go with Cam lite. I don't know much about his personality, looked like he had fun with the other players a bit like Cam did from what I have seen. 

I’m not feeling any of the Fields comparisons made in here. He reminds me a bit like McNair but with the build of Cam. I don’t think he’s a sure thing but when he’s been at his best, he looks unstoppable. I don’t think he is interviewing well though.

I do think we love Wilson but there’s no way we’re getting him. Lance may also be high on our list but we may not be willing to trade up.

Really wish we could’ve somehow landed Lawrence. That would have been so money with the team in place. 

I was a fan of Mond in 2019, then fell out of flavor but I definitely see what some say about him. Maybe we just land Sewell/Slater and target Mond?

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

What I’m reading is that he is closely being compared to Watson or tall Russ wilson

Good comps. I keep forgetting how much more R Wilson ran in college. 

Watson is intriguing but there is something about Fields' game that is different that's bugging me but don't know what. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a comparison I could see.

LG and I were discussing that earlier. Fields might be about as fast as Vick but he doesn't seem quite as elusive.

Vick ran a 4.3 at his Pro Day (and was clocked at 4.2 by some).

Don't undersell his speed - he was a freak athlete. He made NFL players look like they were running in quicksand. 

Just now, OldhamA said:

Vick ran a 4.3 at his Pro Day (and was clocked at 4.2 by some).

Don't undersell his speed - he was a freak athlete. He made NFL players look like they were running in quicksand. 

My thing with Vick wasn't as much his speed as how elusive he was.

LG compared his running style to that of a punt returner more so than a runningback. I think that's a good analysis.

To be perfectly clear though, I've never really given a sh-t about how fast or how well quarterbacks run.

Show me how accurately they can throw a pass and how well they can read a defense. That's really all I need to know.

If they've got athletic ability on top of that, cool. If they have athletic ability but can't pass well, not interested.

• Beer 2

Outside of Lawrence I don’t think any QB prospect in this class is a day 1 difference maker. Fields maybe because of his running ability. All will need time to develop.

I think Lance has the chance to be one of the best of the group if he goes to the right team.