• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Interior DL do you like?

Panthero

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

I think DT is the lowest overall rated group. TE is carried by Pitts and couple of 2nd(late) guys. DT only has Levi Onwuzurike, who is rated everywhere. Id much prefer focus on OT, OL, CB, QB, LB with the first 4 rounds. Marvin Wilson and Barmore are about the only ones worth 2-3 rounder. Just a super weak class, value doesnt match til about the 5th for me. 

I disagree with their being value in 3rd, still what names do you believer will be there and worth the 73rd pick? I feel WR will still hold the best value advantage over DT, but its not a big need. I dont believe Paye is a DT, you may feel different. I still feel the edge group will be loaded for the 39th pick tho...

DT with 3rd round grades: McNeill (late 2nd), Williams, Togiai and Tufele. A couple more are early 4th contenders.  So yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing one there.   Again, if we traded back we can get two of three between IOL, DT or CB, I would be happy.

I'm not sure why you want a LB since we signed several guys in FA.  I think the team values veterans in the middle of the defense.  Let the young athletic DL get after the QB and let the savvy veterans dictate what happens in the middle of the defense which will, hopefully, keep our mediocre corners from having to cover for very long.

The same goes for IOL, they signed several guys so they they wouldn't have to burn a pick there unless the value was too good.  You set up the draft through FA.  There's no need to double down on positions that spent money to shore up in FA.  If there's a center that drops from the 2nd or Mienerz is still there at #73, I would be all for that.  However, guard is a nonessential position and the talent level flattens out after the top few prospects.  Why spend a 3rd on a OG when you can get the same talent two rounds later?  How I feel about the IOL how you do about DTs.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, 45catfan said:

DT with 3rd round grades: McNeill (late 2nd), Williams, Togiai and Tufele. A couple more are early 4th contenders.  So yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing one there.   Again, if we traded back we can get two of three between IOL, DT or CB, I would be happy.

I'm not sure why you want a LB since we signed several guys in FA.  I think the team values veterans in the middle of the defense.  Let the young athletic DL get after the QB and let the savvy veterans dictate what happens in the middle of the defense which will, hopefully, keep our mediocre corners from having to cover for very long.

The same goes for IOL, they signed several guys so they they wouldn't have to burn a pick there unless the value was too good.  You set up the draft through FA.  There's no need to double down on positions that spent money to shore up in FA.  If there's a center that drops from the 2nd or Mienerz is still there at #73, I would be all for that.  However, guard is a nonessential position and the talent level flattens out after the top few prospects.  Why spend a 3rd on a OG when you can get the same talent two rounds later?  How I feel about the IOL how you do about DTs.

You have McNeill (late 2nd), Williams, Togiai and Tufele rated much higher than I do, couple rounds difference. 

I want LBs cause Perryman is injury-prone and that just leaves Shaq. I could better answer this and the DT deal if I knew what system Phil Snow is running in 2021. Carter is a backup and may get cut due to staff fiction. So thats 1-2.5 and you want/need 5-6. Still dont know if the plan is 4-3 or 3-4 or 3-2, or ????. 

IOL I have zero faith in any current ones minus Miller and Daley(whos injury-prone) I feel pat who is terrible is the 2022 C in waiting, still hes an poor OG. 3rd round is a normally when top 5 OG start getting drafted.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You have McNeill (late 2nd), Williams, Togiai and Tufele rated much higher than I do, couple rounds difference. 

I want LBs cause Perryman is injury-prone and that just leaves Shaq. I could better answer this and the DT deal if I knew what system Phil Snow is running in 2021. Carter is a backup and may get cut due to staff fiction. So thats 1-2.5 and you want/need 5-6. Still dont know if the plan is 4-3 or 3-4 or 3-2, or ????. 

IOL I have zero faith in any current ones minus Miller and Daley(whos injury-prone) I feel pat who is terrible is the 2022 C in waiting, still hes an poor OG. 3rd round is a normally when top 5 OG start getting drafted.

christian bale nodding GIF

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

FWIW, I've been doubling down at DT and using one of our 6th rounders on Bobby Brown or Tonga for a 1-tech.  That way we have a bunch of young studs on rookie deals in the middle of the D-line.

Brown worries me. He's got the NFL body and ability but he can disappear for long stretches. 

2 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Brown worries me. He's got the NFL body and ability but he can disappear for long stretches. 

For a 6th round pick, you are taking a gamble anyhow.  I don't like the really big guys like Slanton and Shelvin.  Once DTs get north of 330, they are basically glorified speed bumps to simply occupy O-linemen.  I think Rhule values DTs that can get up the field, especially those from a 1-tech spot.

• Beer 1